jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

Clicking Stats tab on a Hub page caused link to "App Attack"

1. Sally's Trove profile image97
    Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6281740_f248.jpg

The site is origin-ics.fivemillionfriends DOT com. The Norton alert in the lower right-hand corner reads: "Norton blocked an attack by: Fake App Attack: Adware Installer Download"

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A few days ago mine weren't working.  If I clicked on "stats" on top of any hub - the default thing would open - where you see your total page views and sources for that hub...but I couldn't get into "hub metrics" or see my daily tally.

But that was two to four days ago, and it's all working for me now.  ...but it's early in the day!  I'm not expecting problems, and hope yours are ironed out forthwith.

2. Shelly McRae profile image84
    Shelly McRaeposted 4 years ago

When I click on 'stats', nothing happens. Nothing opens up at all. Is there an issue with this feature?

Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good question. I haven't been able to repeat the problem I saw earlier today (a click on stats leading to an outside malicious site), but I also haven't experienced what you have.

3. Michael J Rapp profile image60
    Michael J Rappposted 4 years ago

I've had that happen a couple of times but never anything that set off my virus alerts.  It took me to the Yellow Pages of all places, and a couple of other odd but seemingly benign locations.  I figured it was an HP glitch of some kind.

This is good information. Maybe it is an HP "glitch."

1. Anti-Valentine profile image94
        Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

One that I sincerely hope is fixed ASAP.

1. Michael J Rapp profile image60
          Michael J Rappposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Me too.  I ran a virus scan and a few other diagnostics for Windows and my PC does not seem to have a virus, but it is still disconcerting.  And weird.

4. Shelly McRae profile image84
    Shelly McRaeposted 4 years ago

Ok, the stats tab is working again. Perhaps just a hiccup??

Who knows? It shouldn't have happened in the first place. If it's a problem on HP's side, then they need to deal with it. If it's a problem with a respectable browser like Chrome, then at least HP ought to have some helpful info.

That clicking on Hub stats goes to a site that activates my Norton anti-virus software is not a good thing.

1. Shelly McRae profile image84
        Shelly McRaeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree, that is kind of scary.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

The stats feature is where several of us discovered we were targeted by the fraud click incident the other day. I wonder if there is some work being done on that part of the site (or data mining) as a result of that happening?  Maybe it is being tweaked.

6. Richieb799 profile image63
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

What browser are you using?

7. Michael J Rapp profile image60
    Michael J Rappposted 4 years ago

I just clicked on the "edit" button in a text capsule of one of my unpublished Hubs and was redirected to some weird page.  My AVT virus program put up an alert saying it just blocked some Blackhole Exploit Kit virus. 

Any possibity the HP site is compromised here?

So, this "weird page" redirection is not something only I am seeing. Your question is a good one. HP?

8. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 4 years ago

My screen went gray and my cursor froze when I tried to edit a hub this am.  I opened HubPages in a different window, managed to save my hub, and then closed the frozen gray screen.  Every once in a while things like this happen with either the "edit" feature or the "stats" feature here on HubPages, and I've sort of learned to work around it.

Yes, these things you describe have happened to me as well. Maybe it's a browser issue. But, when clicking on your HP stats takes you to a site that your anti-virus software alerts, that's another issue.

9. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago

Where is HubPages staff with any sort of official response to this? This seems to be pretty serious. I hope the engineers are looking in to this.

working