Duplicate hub issue - changing the content

1. darrensurrey profile image80
    darrensurreyposted 4 years ago

Just wondering - I have this issue with one of my hubs and was wondering how different my article needs to be. I have posted the information elsewhere (in forums and been quoted so cannot remove it... typical!) and (of course) had forgotten I'd posted it there until I searched on Google. I had only checked my blogs to see if I'd posted the info and not done a general search.

So how much does the text have to differ? It's a bullet point list so could I keep the list and its order but change 50%? I know enough about the topic to add a lot more, so that is another action I could do? Is this enough to have the hub approved?

Thanks in advance.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is there any way you can remove the content from the other sites?

Otherwise, this is what HP says in the FAQ:

My Hub has been moderated for duplicate content; what does that mean?
      Your Hub's content has been detected as published previously on another site. Duplicate content is not allowed on HubPages. Your Hub may also be moderated for duplicate content in cases where we determine there is substantial similarity to another work. This includes close paraphrasing, among other forms of misappropriation.
      Generally you can't have more than 10-20% duplicate content (although this varies between search engines AND rev share sites.) Also, using a lot of the same words in a different order can flag your hub.

1. darrensurrey profile image80
        darrensurreyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply. I will see if I can get a moderator to delete the content; otherwise, I'll rewrite it from scratch which isn't that big a deal as I enjoy writing about the topic. smile