jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

Absolute Newbie, where do I start on the subject of traffic?

1. njames306 profile image60
    njames306posted 5 years ago

I am very new to HP, nad have created a few hubs, though I don't know how good or bad they are! What next? How do I get people to read them, improve my score, etc. Any help would be very useful? Many thanks Nigel.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I looked at your "best" hub according to hubpages, and the only thing I saw that I thought needed improvement was the very top picture should be keyworded at the title like you did every single other capsule on the hub.

That's just a minor thing, I think you've got the on page SEO technique down pretty well.  I'm referring to the hub "Success With IPL Laser Treatment."

2. BayAreaLawyer profile image68
    BayAreaLawyerposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't say you're an absolute newbie, you've been a member for 19 months!

Start by making sure all of your hubs have summaries so they're more likely to show up in search or be more appealing for searchers.

Do you have any other online blogs or article sites? Link to your hubs from there, maybe you can get more traffic that way?

3. njames306 profile image60
    njames306posted 5 years ago

Thanks for your promt reply, I joined 19 months ago yes, but it was only last month that I created my first hub. Thank you for your suggestions, I am very grateful. Is the summary just another text box written at the end of each hub?

4. BayAreaLawyer profile image68
    BayAreaLawyerposted 5 years ago

When you edit the hub, on the right there's 2 boxes, the capsules and underneath that another box with tabs. Tab over to the summary, enter the summary, then save it. That's it!

njames306posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. What is the score in the corner of everyone's profile pic relating to?

1. BayAreaLawyer profile image68
        BayAreaLawyerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's your hubber score. Follow WE's links below to read more. Basically, your target is 75+ so that your outgoing links in your hubs have value with "dofollow"

1. CrisSp profile image83
          CrisSpposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello BayareLawyer, who determines the score? Is it something  automated and how do you increase the score?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't worry about that so much.  The author score seems to be mostly relative to over all participation.  That's my experience anyway.  In other words, ask and answer more questions, use the hub hopper, do this in the forums (what you're doing), and comment more hubs - and that should make your author score rise.

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

How is it that your hub score of each individual hub rises or falls every day, and how is this decided? Can I do anything to consistently increase individual hib score?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Both author score and hub score are computed automatically, and they do have a natural up-and-down flow. Hubs that receive steady traffic tend to score higher. Hubbers who have steady traffic and/or are active on the site tend to have higher author scores.

Further explanations are available in the FAQs, but these issues are always debated and have left many people wondering. The exact formulas are not known.

6. CrisSp profile image83
    CrisSpposted 5 years ago

That's your score as an author njames306. I'm a newbie like you and is still in the process of exploring HB. This is what I've encountered in the process. I hope it helps you. http://blogjournal.hubpages.com/hub/The … -Hub-Score

Thanks CrisSp, that's very helpful, I appreciate your help loads.

2. njames306 profile image60

Hello CrisSp,

What is "hub hopping" please. It states this in the above link you gave me.

3. njames306 profile image60

How would I go about using "Suggest Link feature" in my hubs ?

7. CrisSp profile image83
    CrisSpposted 5 years ago

Hello njames306! Hob hopping is where you can easily glance on every Hub without going thru the main site. It's more like a quick view. I believed, it's not working on some links, but you may wanna try this link: http://hubpages.com/hop/
    Happy hubbing!

Thanks CrisSp, I appreciate all the answers you are giving me. On my mobile so will try the link later.

8. aware profile image70
    awareposted 5 years ago

traffic ? you have to drive.

working