jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Making More Money At Spammy Sites

1. canadawest99 profile image59
    canadawest99posted 4 years ago

Boy google must really hate HP, because beside it being the best designed writing site with the highest PR and alexa ranking, I still find it easier to make money on the spammy clones like Bukisa and Infobarrel. 

I have an equivalent number of articles up at both Bukisa and IB and my views, CTR and earnings are higher at those sites.   Bukisa is known to have duplicate and spun content all over.   Shouldn't panda have knocked them down too?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The fact that your author score is below 75 (making all your outbound links no-follow) is an indication that something about how you make Hubs is considered to be not so good by HubPages.  I suspect this is part of what is contributing to you being impeded when it comes to making money on this site.

1. canadawest99 profile image59
        canadawest99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about that.  I just wrote a dozen long articles of 1000 words each and social bookmarked every one to about 100 sites and even those are below 75.  It doesn't seem to matter what kind of content I make, it ends up going the same way.

1. relache profile image87
          relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your social bookmarking habits could actually be hurting you.  You want backlinks from relevant sites, not random ones.

2. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Curiosity made me check one of your hubs and yes they are high quality. Maybe it is that what you are writing about doesn't interest many readers here, so they don't get voted up any higher. I see you don't have many followers. Otherwise, I can't figure it out.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I guess it depends on your topics and keywords.

I have articles on IB and Bukisa and they've hardly ever got decent views.

working