jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

total hub page views drastically declining - HELP!!!!!

1. hinazille profile image85
    hinazilleposted 4 years ago

hi fellow hubbers!!! i published a hub about Dominica a week or so ago, and ever since i published it, the overall page views have been steadily declining ever since. i had over 110 page views daily, since publishing the hub, the total page views is down to 51!!!

this is worrying me - i dont want to start publishing more hubs if the progress on page views is going backward sad

please help!!!!!

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This may have nothing to do with your latest hub, last week we were hit by panda 3.3. There are a couple of threads on this. .
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/93874 check this out...

hinazilleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the insight i suspected it might be such but i decided to give it a few days to level out. no luck!

1. 0
          Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think you can estimate a hub's potential over such a short period of time. You need to think of your hubs as a long-term investment. The traffic volume is also too low to draw any definite conclusions.

although the traffic volume is pretty low, its been pretty consistently above 120 views a day, so for it to drop as low as 50 is pretty noticeable for me...

i was originally thinking of them as longterm investments but the decline in views is making me reconsider as I do not want to put in a lot of effort whilst writing the hubs, only for the traffic to decline once i publish them.

but yes, i will monitor it for a little longer and see how it progresses.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
              paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've lost my writing enthusiasm as well.

2. alexadry profile image94
              alexadryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If t makes you feel better -or worse!- I have a hub that  had great traffic for over a year and now suddenly I get three times less traffic. There is no guarantee a hub will always have steady traffic especially with Google's killer pandas on board!

2. canadawest99 profile image59
      canadawest99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to the club

3. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My page views have been down by a lot as well.  Tonight, I finally broke down and tweaked all my keywords and then used Google Webmaster Tools - Diagnostics - Fetch With Googlebot to have each hub re-indexed, therefore picking up the new keywords instead of waiting for a Google crawl that may take weeks.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Reasons you may have lost traffic:

1. When you first publish you get lots of internal traffic from other Hubbers as it appears in the newly published lists and alerts your followers. This will drop off after a week or so and can take awhile for search engine visits to drop.

2. New content sometimes gets a boost in search engines for a few weeks.

3. Someone may have linked to it from a location such as a forum and the forum thread may no longer be active.

I think the important question is where are those visits coming from? Hubpages? Search engines? Pinterest? Forums...?

i have almost equal amounts of traffic coming from hubpages and google....

it seems to be a sudden drop, affecting allll of my hubs, not just a select few, which suggests that it may be this panda update.

I have signed up with redgage and a few other distribution sites, but i never seem to get any significant traffic from any of them.

3. MakinBacon profile image83
    MakinBaconposted 4 years ago

Google did do another shuffle at the beginning of March. You usually have to wait a little while to see how it all shakes out.

Another thing to look for is whether or not one of your more trafficked hubs lost a lot of traffic. Sometimes that has happened with me when a certain individual, situation or topic I wrote about was popular and being covered in the news.

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

I have never had much traffic from Redgage myself... the site takes ever so long to load, traffic from other social networking sites are also not so steady.. Focus on the search engine traffic.. Optimize your pages, tweak or do fresh keyword research.. sometimes some keywords fall out of favour.