jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Unrelated Links?

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

I have this message on an unpublished hub.  The only links that I have is to other hubs of mine using the link suggestion tool.

Has anyone else had this issue with links within HP?  All of my hubs are related in one way or another so I am confused as to the bar that is set as to whether the link is related or not?

Should we no longer use the link suggestion tool?  If not, why not just remove it so hubbers such as I do not run afoul of TOS?

Not complaining, just out and out confused. I am actually very pleased with my relationship with Hubpages.  My traffic is fine and my earnings are satisfactory, so this is not a grudge thread.  smile

I have read the TOS, I have mailed team Hubpages.  This thread is simply for me to get experiences from my fellow hubbers.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide to me.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There have been plenty of complaints recently about the links suggestion tool, which supposedly isn't all that accurate. I think the issue is when a hub gets flagged, then a moderator will take a closer look, and it comes down to individual judgment. This does not necessarily mean that a lot of hubs have been unpublished for unrelated links from the tool. But if more hubs get flagged because people are concerned, the issue could become more widespread.

Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I will do whatever Hubpages feels is best for the entire site.  I am more then content with this site, HP has allowed me to accrue a nice form of residual income and I have been successful with my participation with the site.   What is beneficial to Hubpages is beneficial to the members as well IMO.  smile

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

Does the hub in question have an RSS feed? That is frequently the cause for unrelated links.

No RSS feeds.  The only links on the hub are in the text using the link suggestion tool.  I have actually removed the links altogether , but I am leery of republishing as it seems that I could be permanently banned if there continues to be a problem with the hub.

I would rather just publish the hub elsewhere then put my entire account in jeopardy.  I still await a reply from HP,  I asked that they look at the hub prior to me republishing.

I was at the top of Google for my keywords in 4-5 hours after I published, the article even has those five $ signs under hub metrics.

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I'm certainly no expert on links, but I did find an interesting post and link on another thread that may be relevant. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/93874?p … ost2015147

Thank you for the link, I read the article posted by Peter Hogan, although my reading comprehension is adequate i am confused by the details in the article.

Internal links serve no Seo purpose, do I have that correct?

I actually do not use the link suggestion tool to try and gain higher search engine results, I use the tools in the hopes that the viewer will follow through to another of my hubs.  Since placing the links suggested by the tool, I have seen an enormous rise on views through my subdomain.  The subdomain is second on my traffic sources right under Google.

The only links that I have to my hubs have been organic, I rarely place links anywhere except for occasionally posting to FB if the hub is relative to a particular post.

I have no problem removing the links that are suggested, I just hope that HP can clarify the issue for me.  I am patiently waiting for a response.  I know HP staff has an overwhelming volume of issues to deal with but I am anticipating the publishing of the hub in question.  At over 5000 words, I have put in many hours of work on this hub.

Thank you all for the replies, I hope I can get this sorted out soon.