jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How To Easily Create Backup Copies of Your Hubs

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image61
    Glamorously Jacobposted 4 years ago

I hope and pray that nothing every happens to HP, but just in case, I think it would be wise to create backup copies of all your hubs. There has been some discussion on this in the forums, but I have not seen any easy solutions, and wanted to share with you guys what I do smile

For those of you who are using a Mac, I use a program called Site Sucker that allows me to easily create backup copies of all my hubs in about one minute...basically, it accesses your RSS feed and siphons all the content through the software, then saves it in a neatly organized folder on your hard drive

You can check it out at sitesucker.us

2. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 4 years ago

Hi!  Is this better than just simply using the Print feature and the bottom of each hub into a PDF? There are free conversions from pdf to Word in case you would want to edit it for a switch from HubPages to something else.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
      CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have just had a go and it is really easy, so I think I might just do that to all of my Hubs, and then save to a stick and store it away in case the computer gets a virus! Thanks

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

Another way is this one Jacob. Would you mind if I post this one - this is by one of the hubber Eric Graudins - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aUmTRrEsyE - Aussie accent but you can easily understand it

4. Hypersapien profile image36
    Hypersapienposted 4 years ago

Thanks.  I never even considered the possibility of having to back up my hubs.

5. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I just keep the text of my hubs as a word file, with details of where I got the illustrations from and acknowledgements required noted below the main text. This is actually the file I prepare when I write a new hub. I copy and paste the content into hub capsules.

If something happened to HP, the final format our hubs appear in on here would be irrelevant. If I want to move hubs, the same thing applies. If a temporary glitch on HP destroyed a hub, it would only take me a couple of minutes to recreate it once things were back to normal.

1. Michael J Rapp profile image60
      Michael J Rappposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I write everything in Word and copy/paste to my Hub capsules.  I always have a backup copy of my Hubs as well as everything else I write online. Word is easier to work with than the Hub capsules anyway when I'm trying to hash out a rough draft.

2. janderson99 profile image87
      janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is it against the rules to copy your own hubs to your own website and post them there? Given the declining traffic this may provide an alternative. It means the articles are stored in HTML with layout etc.

1. janderson99 profile image87
        janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Looks like its against the rules unless unpublished on hubpages first.

1. Ms Dee profile image87
          Ms Deeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

janderson99, your conclusion is a correct one. So, no duplicate content allowed to be found elsewhere on the internet. hmm