jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)

Never earned a cent here

1. 0
    cathinfranceposted 4 years ago

My hubs get quite a lot of visits. I've never earned a single cent from them. Anyone explain why? Thanks in advance.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you enabled Google Adsense or any of the other options to make money?

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You've been here for 2 years and have the nerve to come in with this foolishness.

1. Rik Ravado profile image93
        Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your reply seems a little lacking in grace smile

I think Summer is right - I think you (Cath) just need to activate your account so 'Earnings status' says 'active' against Hub Ads and you should begin to earn - your hubs look OK and they have advertising enabled.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87

Rather rude comment, don't you think? I have a hub about such people who rudely comment, lol.

3. 0
        Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The thing one learns online is that what is obvious to one person is non-obvious to another. Patience is the name of the game on the Help forum. Interestingly, if one ever gets to hear a person's full explanation, their position may make more sense than what appeared at a glance. Of course, the OP should also take the time to absorb knowledge about the site as is available through the Learning Center, FAQs, and other published channels.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

When you say you get quite a lot of visits, do you mean several thousand per day?  If not, you aren't actually getting enough traffic to make a viable revenue stream even possible especially considering it doesn't look like any of your Hubs are on commercially-oriented topics or have retail capsules.

By the way, that makes me think to ask if you signed up for the affiliate programs?

3. 0
    cathinfranceposted 4 years ago

I'm signed up to the Hubpages Ad Program - it's marked Complete - but it doesn't seem to do anything or lead anywhere?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Click "my account" (upper right of screen).  Click on "earnings" and then "earning reports".

2. 0
      summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mine says active. I remember when it said complete. I kind'a remember needing to click on a link they sent by e-mail to "complete" and activate the program.

4. SandyMcCollum profile image79
    SandyMcCollumposted 4 years ago

It isn't foolishness, she just wants to know why. And, I cannot answer that. I've looked at your hubs, you have good information in them. Have you ever tried to promote them? On digg, stumbleupon, reddit, and other social bookmarking sites. Plus, put them on your FB page, and Twitter is a good promotional tool.

Do a search in this forum for 'how to promote my hubs' and there will be lots of information there.

It IS strange that you haven't made a cent, but it's a fixable problem! Promote, promote, promote!

Good luck and write on, Cathinfrance! smile

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have to disagree here.  It is not lack of traffic producing 0 earnings and backlinking won't help.

Either she doesn not know where to look to find those earnings or she has actually earned nothing, whereupon there is a problem somewhere.  Even a few days after signing up an account with "lots of visits", whether it be 100 or 10,000 should see a penny or two.

Cathinfrance, you need to verify that you have signed up, and activated your account.  It can be turned on and off even after signing up and being accepted; it is possible that you have never turned it on.  If it is on, find out where to look for earnings figures (posted above) and make sure it is $0.00.

If those things don't satisfy your problem, you will have to contact HP to find out what is wrong.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agreed. If the affiliates aren't set up you'll never earn a cent.

She has a 10k badge on her profile so she's obviously getting SOME traffic.

Edit: Meant aren't.

1. 0
          Website Examinerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sounds a bit pessimistic.

What's pessimistic? If her affiliates aren't connected she CAN'T get any money?

Edit: Oops just saw my typo.

2. relache profile image87
          relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Unlikely, Izzy.

10,000 page views over two years averages to a little over 400 page views a month, which then averages out to about 16 page views per Hub per month.  That's a low amount of traffic if you're trying to earn.

By comparison, when you take my total traffic, divide by how many months I've been on the site and divide again by my total of Hubs, the page views per month per Hub average is nearly 800.

It was me, not Izzy. big_smile

And I'm referring to the fact she should have earnt at least a few cents from that many views, if she had the HP adverts on. If she hasn't even earnt 10c then the adverts are most likely not on.

2. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The 10,000 badge means that is the minimum views she has. (I know you know this, this is for others reading this forum).

In reality she could be on 99,000 as the next accolade is 100,000, and she should have earned something in that time.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87

I am at a little over 5000 views and have earned something for sure. So I would agree and as mentioned above in my first comment....something certainly needs to be turned on!

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

I follow CathinFrance and love her work, its just a pity she didn't come forward sooner to ask about this.

Hopefully it's just a simple 'non-activation' error that will see the money flooding in when she turns the ads on.

6. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

When I go to the "my account" page, it automatically tells me how much I have earned from the HP ad program this month.

7. inevitablesecrets profile image80
    inevitablesecretsposted 4 years ago

My guess is something with the AdSence not set up correctly.  I've been on only 2 weeks and I've made at least a dollar.

working