Google is a Monopoly - Get Over it! Or Should We?

1. 2besure profile image83
    2besureposted 4 years ago

It IS NOT OK, though, to leverage that Monopoly to disadvantage competitors in other business sectors.  I wonder what would happen, if ever writer and freelancer stop using all Google products.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Many, many, I would say most, freelancers don't deal with AdSense to earn a living.

2. Bendo13 profile image86
      Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would love to see a new company pop up that ONLY focuses on search engine type products... Microsoft/Bing isn't going to overtake Google and it's probably because they have software (OS, productivity, browers), cell phones, video game systems, mp3 players and so on...

Yahoo just can't seem to overtake them for one reason or another... I mean, they have a messenger, Flickr and a bunch of other stuff as well...

So, I think in order for a company to outdo Google and to become the new, top search engine that everyone wants to rank in, the company has to focus soley on their search engine.  That's how Google started and they built themselves up so much that they can now branch out into other areas like phones, YouTube and social networks and have no problem with staying up top as the number one search engine.

So, it's going to take a really focused effort to knock them off that throne... but I honestly think content creators would appreciate it and it would make Google try harder to be the "best" for the people, not big corporations