New HubPages Header

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 62 discussions (131 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Hey Hubbers! Later today, we'll be rolling out a new header.

The biggest change we have made is to streamline navigation bar. This leaves more space for Hubs below.

To navigate to Topics, Answers, Forums, My Account, My Profile, etc., just hover over "explore" or your username.

http://blog.hubpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Header3-300x157.png

There are a couple more details in a short post on our blog, but this is a pretty straightforward change, and part of a series of design updates we'll be rolling out in the coming weeks and months.

I hope you like it!

UPDATE:
    To address the most common questions and comments, let me say that:

1. By clicking on “HubPages” in the header, you will be taken to the Feed

2. We removed Hubbers from the navigation because the link was very rarely clicked

3. Topics, Hubs, Answers, and Forums are under Explore because they are major site features. Everything that supports your account maintenance and Hubbing is under your username. The FAQ and Learning Center links are under your username because they are not site features.

4. There have been some initial bugs with iPad and mobile navigation; most of them are resolved and we’re working out the straggling issues

1. The Marker profile image60
      The Markerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is great, nice and clean. Thumbs up!

2. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I find change of any sort very disconcerting and a contributor to anxiety-induced constipation

3. gamergirl profile image85
      gamergirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am loving the CRAP out of this!!

1. alisha4u profile image40
        alisha4uposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is just crap.

2. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

Thanks Simone, sounds great! smile

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

Looks great! I like that there's a link for the Learning Center now available at the top of the page under the HubPages drop-down menu. It'll be much easier for new hubbers to find!
    Great job!

4. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I like change! Always something great is happening on HP.smile

Question while I am here.

Is there anyway we can add a reply button in the Q&A so if our question is answered we can reply instead of submitting another answer? Maybe just a little box where we created our answer so that people know we have acknowledged the response. Maybe I shouldn't of asked here, but it is something I have been thinking about.

1. Lord De Cross profile image68
      Lord De Crossposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excellent Pau Deeds and crew. We all get the benefiting, and we all win.

1. profile image0
        kelleywardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Looks great! Thanks for the update!

2. Linda Bliss profile image84
      Linda Blissposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AEvans - How funny,  I was just thinking the same thing about the Q&A Section. Would be great to be able to 'reply' to people's answers rather than having to submit a new 'answer'.

1. Peggy W profile image95
        Peggy Wposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

3. proudmamma profile image80
      proudmammaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think this would be a great idea! The other issue is the fact you can only submit one answer to the question. So if someone adds an answer later, after you've already answered, you're out of luck on acknowledging any further responses.  This would be a terrific add to new features!

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
        Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's the diff between the Q&A and the forums. One's for answering questions and the other is for discussion.

2. homesteadbound profile image81
        homesteadboundposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I have provided answer before only to have it shot by someone who shared an impartial truth. I wanted to say more, but could not.

5. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 12 years ago

Just noticed the change a few minutes ago. Looks all right.

6. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 12 years ago

I'm getting buggy results from the new header when using it on my iPad.

While the notifications and make a new hub buttons work, the explore and account buttons do not.  Which seems rather strange.

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ayup.  Same here.

Just to make the point:  55 million and more iPads have been sold.

The HP  development team should not be ignoring this..

1. profile image0
        kelleywardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't use the new header on my iphone just fyi. Under my name nothing showed up but the notification tab worked.

2. AEvans profile image72
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It has only been up for a little while, there were bugs in the IPAD when it first came out too. Give it a little time before getting upset. smile

They should be TESTING changes against iPads and Android.. It is far too large a market to ignore.

I just checked with androd (Kindle Fire)

Broken there, too.

IPad and Kindle Fire combined have an incredible number of users.. But broken on HP..

2. David 470 profile image81
            David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree Ipads are gaining a lot of popularity and more and more people are using them everyday.

HubPages should make the system interface work well for iPads etc..

I'll just stick to my trusty laptop. smile Not interested in iPads as of right now.

7. mooboomoo profile image78
    mooboomooposted 12 years ago

Looks lovely but where has my home page tab gone? How can I get back to it to see the stream?

1. mary615 profile image83
      mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm having the same problem.  Can't get to home page.

This was so strange cause it changed just as I was editing a Hub.  I thought I was going bonkers!!!  Maybe my home page will come back so I can see the stream.

1. homesteadbound profile image81

to get to the home page, I just typed in hubpages.com
          But it would be good to have a button. I like to see the feed!

Yes, got  to see the home page.  No stream, no Hub of the Day, etc.

2. cclitgirl profile image92
            cclitgirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you click on "HubPages" in the upper left corner, it'll take you to your feed page.  Just figured that out.  smile

1. profile image0
              HubTubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, cclitgirl!  This is just the information I was looking for!  big_smile

2. homesteadbound profile image81

thanks, cclitgirl!

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
                Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, silly me.  I've been doing it that way anyway, Must be overtired.

Thanks, cclitgirl and homesteadbound for bringing that to my attention.

The other two things I mentioned still need to be fixed though... Missing hubber list link and the usage of the old profile URL.

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can't locate the feed either and it seems a bit awkward to have to always go back up to explore 'forum' to browse the forums after we click on a post.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
          Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes.... There was an excellent flow with that before... it was far better than this...

And Where are the Hubbers button gone? - That I really don't like..
          Many of us use that community list to get to know each other and to find common interests in a glance.. isn't that what a positive community does?

Explore... Merely Highlights those who are able to gain a 95+ hubscore on their hubs and are seen now as being seen to be the 'Preferred/Elite' reading/authors! sad

For Me (and I'm sure others).. The Alglo that control my hub scores is clearly governed or set to a maximum score of 91..

As soon as any of my hubs reach 90.. they immediately drop back down...
          That does Not reflect the true quality or efforts of my work or that of several others!

So... Now most of us are Set At Mediocre.. And this community 'spirit' is diluted yet again! Why? Why 'Fix' Something that ain't broken and do it at the expense of one of the most positive aspects of the site.. the spirit of the community?
          Other than reshuffling to gain more ad exposure.. Does anyone in designing actually really think of the points above?

1. kittyjj profile image67
            kittyjjposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like the Hubbers button too.  Hopefully they will put it back on the header.  smile

8. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 12 years ago

I just checked my account, and my page views numbers are CRAZY.  I keep track of these on each Hub, and the number I'm seeing now is much lower than they should be. 
    I'm going to walk my dog.  Maybe things will be better when I get back.

Just got back from walking my dog, and my page views are correct now.

9. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

I couldn't find "Home" either, a button I click on frequently. After experimenting, I found that by clicking on "HubPages" to the left, it takes you there. Check it out!

10. Victoria Lynn profile image88

Yes, you can click on "HubPages" to get home to your feed, hub of the day, etc....but I do miss the "home" button. Under explore, I don't see "hubbers," either. I would look at the top hubbers now and then. Is that still somewhere we can access? Thanks.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you use the site search feature, you can still find the general listing of users, but the "hubber" listing by score appears to have been removed from general viewing.

I can't really say that's a problem as 1) it's going to stop people quibbling about the ranking and 2) it will protect top authors from all the hassles that came from being at the top.

11. Field-Of-Flowers profile image81
    Field-Of-Flowersposted 12 years ago

I too was wondering where the home page went. I also noticed that if you want to look at hubs that were written, the list starts out with people who have a score of 100. I liked it the way it was being able to see the hubs as they are published to read them. I'm thinking the next hub I write I'll have to search for it to find it listed. Perhaps I'll be on page 40 something... Just my thoughts on this.

12. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

I figured out how to find the home page, at least on a regular computer. I don't have an ipad. You click on the logo "Hubpages" at the top left hand corner on the banner and that takes you to the home page. Now that I figured that out, I like it better. At first I thought I couldn't find the home page at all, and I did hate that. But it's still there. So I'm a little less frosty to the new banner than I was.

13. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

This is ridiculous!

Why have the forums been removed from visibility? Why do I have to spend ages digging round my various menus to find them? Is this an attempt to suppress fee speech?

Forums is under the explore button.

14. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

All streamlined and efficient. smile

I like it, Thank You HubPages for providing all the tools necessary to succeed!

15. relache profile image72

I got the "feed" by clicking on the HubPages logo.... which is exactly the same as how it worked before the change.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found it, but there used to be a 'Home' function on the header also, which is where I always clicked.

1. relache profile image72

If you look at the URL, that is the homepage for people who are signed in.

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
        FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Now you have to actually click on the logo "Hubpages"

16. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://www.vernoncomputersource.com/sites/default/files/images/Janice/compdog.jpg
    What The.....

big_smile

This is exactly how I felt!

1. ElizaDoole profile image82
        ElizaDooleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too! Now I have to think "vertically" instead of "horizontally". Ow!

17. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 12 years ago

It looks great and easier to navigate. Thought 'faq' and 'learning center' should be under 'explore' instead of being under 'my username'

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image59

Yes, I was surprised not to see them under explore.

18. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 12 years ago

This change reminds me of an Easter egg hunt.  We just have to hunt a little harder and click on more buttons. It will be fine once we get used to it, I'm sure.

1. Peggy W profile image95
      Peggy Wposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Change will keep our minds sharp.........hopefully!  Haha!

19. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

For what it's worth...smile

When in forums:

Before change: clicked "forum" at top.

After change: click little, teeny, tiny "All Forums" at upper left.

I'm glad I had surgery to correct my vision.  I would not see that at all.

20. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I like the clean look and I don't mind clicking on the logo for my feed but it would make more sense to me to add a home button in the drop down menu for the user name and when we click the logo it takes us to HP homepage. That's just my take.

That makes sense to me, Cardisa.  Why don't you mention that to the "powers that be"

2. relache profile image72

The feed is the homepage.  Your suggestion is redundant.

1. Cardisa profile image88
        Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How can my suggestion be redundant? The HP homepage is different from our personal feeds!

1. Will Apse profile image87
          Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Once you are signed in the feed is the homepage.

I'm not really a fan of the feed. Before you were able to see what pages were doing well at a glance. But then social is everything these days.

2. relache profile image72

You will only see the homepage if signed out.  You get the feed page if signed in.  If you are signed in and you try to go to the homepage, it will automatically redirect you to the feed page.

3. rLcasaLme profile image70
          rLcasaLmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

just like any other sites, the home is where the feed is. smile

21. VendettaVixen profile image67
    VendettaVixenposted 12 years ago

Not to sound ungrateful, but I'm not coping too well with the new header and my screenreader. hovering doesn't work too well for me. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out. Otherwise, I'll have to find somewhere else to publish.
    sad

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I"m really sorry about that, VendettaVixen. I bet it's something we can easily fix. I've made a note of the problem and hopefully it'll be resolved soon!

1. VendettaVixen profile image67
        VendettaVixenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Simone, I seem to have found a way around the problem. It's no biggie. I really do appreciate the help, but you guys are busy right now. Focus on things that'll benefit everyone, not just me.
        smile
        You're awesome.

22. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

Where are "Hubbers"?

23. Victoria Lynn profile image88

Sally's Trove--that's what I want to know. I like checking out the top hubbers from time to time.

Maybe there aren't any anymore.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image59

That has indeed been removed.

That's interesting.

24. Sally's Trove profile image78

What's the logic for FAQ being under my name and not under "explore"?

25. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 12 years ago

Absolutely loving the new look header! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    smile smile smile

26. Victoria Lynn profile image88

Seems like the Learning Center should be under explore, too, and not under our names....

Agreed.

27. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 12 years ago

Making the forums that much harder to get to is probably a good thing. Maybe I'll get more work done! lol

That's interesting, too. Hadn't thought of that. Could be a real plus. wink

28. Sally's Trove profile image78

So, why did HP remove the "Hubbers" feature? It showcased who HP thought had merit.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is just a shot in the dark, but maybe there are more stalking issues than just those we have been made aware of in the forums. This is just pure speculation on my part.

29. christianajohan profile image57
    christianajohanposted 12 years ago

Thank you everyone but where is the hubbers button? I keep on looking for it but nothing.

30. brittanytodd profile image89
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

I LOVE IT!  THANK YOU!!!!!!

31. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

Wonderful change. Leaves more room for the Hub itself.

But two things got lost, plus a mistake with the profile link...

1. Link to Hubbers list ( should be under "explore" )

2. Link to feed http://hubpages.com/feed/ 

3. Profile link is using the old URL that needs to follow the 301 redirect, rather than using the subdomain URL.

Other than that, I'm happy. smile

32. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

Duh, hey!  Thanks for the heads up!  I do like reading articles from the feed.  How easy is that?  Just hit the HubPages logo!  Way too easy!

33. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

I think I am like this new interface.

34. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 12 years ago

I was thrilled with the new header until I tried to look at some of your profiles that I don't follow yet.  There are no links? Did I miss something?

1. tirelesstraveler profile image60
      tirelesstravelerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, just didn't expect posts to take me to profiles.  The learning curb is a little slow here.

35. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

I thought I posted a comment here, but I'm not finding it. Just a bit of feedback:

I like the overall design of the new look, but I agree with those who are having trouble on the iPad. I use it quite a bit for commenting on HP and it is not fully functional now. Some of the buttons are placed in a way that makes the system think you're trying to 'follow' yourself while on the iPad, when you're just trying to click on the forum or something.

Can we please have the listings of Hubbers back? I will miss it! That was one way I found new people to follow, and interesting hubs to read! I've met great people through that feature!

Thanks for working to improve the site - and for letting us offer initial feedback here!

I just discovered that the Hubber listing still exists on the blog. Guess they haven't changed the header there yet.

36. truthfornow profile image71
    truthfornowposted 12 years ago

Overall it is a nice change.  It took me a while to find my home feed, but I found it.  Are they going to get rid of the hubbers page?

37. Helena Ricketts profile image91
    Helena Rickettsposted 12 years ago

Took me by complete surprise a couple of hours ago but I think I like it!

38. rLcasaLme profile image70
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

On the notifications tab, the text color is all gray making it a bit difficult to discern in just a glimpse. White texts' distinction apparently cannot easily be seen from  normal to bold.
    But, so far, I liked it.

39. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

I love the notification tab now as Ctrl+click finally opens the links in new tabs. Awesome work wink

40. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

It's not always easy to assess changes as you get used to a way of doing things, but I do have some misgivings.  The new look is neater, but I am finding that I can no longer access pages that I use all the time, such as my account and the forums, with just one simple click.

41. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

100 million tablets.  I have NO idea how many hundred million browsing capable smart phones.

All now incapable of navigating HubPages.   Brilliant.

42. alphagirl profile image76
    alphagirlposted 12 years ago

wow a pleasant surprise. But where do we post a question.? Before we use to just see simply. where do i go if i have question?

43. Marketing Merit profile image95
    Marketing Meritposted 12 years ago

Don't like it...sorry!
    I've always found Hubpages navigation difficult and, for me at least, you have made the situation worse, not better!

44. lobobrandon profile image89

From the replies here it seems many are against change as they find it difficult to navigate.. They're all drop downs and so you won't have to click twice and except for HOME everything is fine and easy to locate. I don't know how it looks or feels on a tab but on a laptop its fine

45. relache profile image72

Hey, admin team!

Your navigation on tablets is still buggy.  The account and explore drop-down menus now appear on my iPad  but the click/tap actions don't work properly or consistently.  Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have to manually type the URLs to navigate the majority of the HubPages website on the device I prefer to use to access the site the most? 

How come the testing process for this change seems to have been skipped over?  Doesn't messing up the navigation of the site seemed poorly-timed considering that Paul E is at SXSW and the site will undoubtedly soon be flooded with another wave of brand-new users?

46. Dave Mathews profile image59
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

I was totally lost and confused with the new header having not been pre-warned of the change. Imagine my surprise to see that I could not access my stats, or the Answers and Forum sections.

47. lobobrandon profile image89

It would be nice if Home could be added under the explore tab big_smile
    I don't use it much any more but I do check the hub of the day almost every day and keep a track of the blog updates from there.

PS: - Of course I can always type in hubpages.com and go straight there but the addition would make this complete (for a laptop and PC) not sure about iPads and tablets.

1. alphagirl profile image76
      alphagirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmm just clicking around header! Explore to me is confusing! I think it is harder to find things if you are new to hubpages! I haveen here 6 months and get confused now!
      I think things regarding nab should be a no brainier! Seasoned users like me now are frustrated.

2. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lobobrandon, a link home is already there. Just click the HubPages logo and it will take you to the home feed page.

The only think really missing, that I reported yesterday, is the link to the list of Hubbers. I hope Simone noticed my post on that.

And the link to out profile should really be fixed too as it follows the 301 redirect (so it works right) instead of linking directly. I reported that one too yesterday.

I pre-ordered the New iPad (version 3) and Apple says they shipped it already for arrival on Friday.  So I'll get to see those problems mentioned here with pull-down menus on the iPod. As a programmer, I am assuming the problem may be that the iPad does not support pull-down menus. But I'll find out soon.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years agoin reply to this

iPad indeed supports drop-down menus. We can use the drop-down to access our accounts and profiles, but it doesn't work for the Explore tab.  Also, how intuitive are those tabs for users unfamiliar with the site?

48. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Hi everyone! Thanks for your feedback. big_smile

To address the most common questions / comments:

1. You can access the Feed by clicking on the “HubPages” logo in the header

2. “Hubbers” has been removed from the navigation because few people clicked on it. Our plan is to better feature Hubbers on Hubs themselves so that they’re discovered through the context of their great work- not in an out-of-context listing.

3. Topics, Hubs, Answers, and Forums are under Explore because they are major site features. Everything that supports your account maintenance and Hubbing is under your username. The FAQ and Learning Center links are under your username because they are not site features.

4. Most of the tablet and mobile browsing issues have been resolved; we’re still working out the kinks, so thanks for your patience, and my apologies for any inconvenience!

2. You have the stats, but this was a feature I found most useful. I clicked on it a lot!

3. If HP thinks site FAQs and Learning Center info are not site features, I'm amazed.

2. ngureco profile image80
      ngurecoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Simone for the update.

May I ask you this: how does one find the learning center if one is logged out, or you are not a registered member of Hubpages and you want to learn more about how things are done here?

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
        Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi ngureco: You can click the "faq" link in the footer, and the large "Learning Center" button on the next page.

2. Sally's Trove profile image78

Exactly, and you were so much more kind than I. smile

3. relache profile image72

Hry, the forum button just worked correctly!  Thanks for that fix and I'll let you know if i find anything else amiss with the navigation on tablets.

4. Pcunix profile image89

Works on iPad now as far as I have seen - thanks!

1. lobobrandon profile image89
        lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Pcunix didn't notice that I could go to the home page by clicking the icon big_smile

5. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sorting out the Kinkys Simone smile

Where is the article base for Keywords like... say... Footfetish? big_smile

49. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84

I agree with the suggestion that potential users may want to have ready access to FAQs and the learning center. I also agree that the Hubber tab is useful.  Still not fully functional on my iPad, BTW. I can use one drop-down, but not the other.

Wish I knew how to reach Paul at SXSW - I'd love to welcome him to Austin!   At least our yucky weather cleared up!

50. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84

+1 to Relache's comment! I can now get to the forum!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)