jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Do I put in my own adsense code?

1. scruffy5533 profile image59
    scruffy5533posted 5 years ago

I already have adsense and noticed google ads to the side of my first post here. So.....now that I've linked hubpages to my adsense account, do I post the code in my own article like on my website, or do I get a cut from the google ads already there? Very confusing.....

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As long as you have a pub-id number on this page: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/

Hubpages will automatically display your adverts for 60% of views on ALL your hubs, as well as for 10% of views on all referral hubs. You don't need to do anything else. Don't stress if you don't earn straight away - I got about $5 in my first six months here with way more than one hub. Earnings increase over time IF you build up content.

You may want to make use of the Extreme Hub Makeover forum though. smile

scruffy5533posted 5 years ago in reply to this

"Hubpages will automatically display your adverts". The adverts were there 'before' I enabled the link from hubpages to my adsense account. When you say 'display your adverts', do you mean the ones that were 'already there' (How they got there, I don't know), or as-yet-to-be-seen 'new' ads from me putting in more code?

Before you put in your code, Hubpages was displaying their OWN Adsense ID for 100% of adverts. With the code in they'll display their adverts for only 40% of impressions.

scruffy5533posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Gracias. Entiendo smile

smile

working