jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Hubpages and Blogger?

1. MissKrisCayllie profile image75
    MissKrisCayllieposted 4 years ago

I have a blogger along with my hubpages. I wanted to post the articles that I do on HubPages on my blogger. Is that allowed? Does anyone do this?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Duplicating content is severely frowned upon by search engines.  Why go to so much effort to render one of your web properties totally worthless?

MissKrisCayllieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!

3. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago

No. Not allowed.  it is against HubPages TOS and it will also damage your standing with Google.  Everything here should be unique on the Internet.

Thanks! Good thing I asked!

4. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I actually intentionally rendered a number of my things useless (or at least "search-engine-useless") in order to a) make sure that if I weren't making money on them nobody else (who stole them) would either, b) make sure stuff I wasn't allowed to delete from another site (but still have the rights to) was presented under my own name and on pages that made the writing and me look better (even if I they're useless "Internet-wise"), and c) to bury some things while still being able to have them online (and public) (for my own reasons). Also, having so many sites change (and change hands sometimes) and become more and more restrictive with regard to who could do what when with his own stuff; I wanted to make sure I used my own stuff the way, and where, I wanted to before something else changed.

Not saying I'm recommending that approach to others who have different aims than I do.  Just saying there can be sound reasons for opting for "search-engine worthlessness" in favor of other aims that may prove far more worthwhile over the longer range.

It's not forbidden on Blogger (not yet, and not as far as I know anyway).  The last I saw, Google said it understands that people often like to "self-syndicate" but recommends linking, rather than duplicate-posting (for the reasons already mentioned here).  People just need to know that if they want search engine traffic for that stuff - then no.  I'm not really into "self-syndicating", but I have my own "little deal going" when it comes to my own aims for stuff I've written.  My aim is to keep some stuff stuff that gets traffic through search engines but ultimately move away from that as a primary source of traffic.  I have no plans of resorting to social sites as direct source of traffic either.

Some stuff I really don't want being found in search engines (believe it or not  hmm).  It's stuff that I don't think is served best by getting any readers through that means, and I don't think that either any readers or I am best served that way either.  It's stuff that will serve any readers and me better, and/or be more useful, within a larger context than just search-to-page.

I have all my stuff that's already online linked to my Google author profile, so it's not like I'm trying to hide anything from them or anyone else.  If they penalize me, as an author, for my methods - so be it.

Thanks for your response! I think I may just link my blogger to my hubpages .

5. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 4 years ago

You can use unique content on both and then use blogger for promoting your hubpages.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

...or even use Hubpages for promoting the blog - where do you get 100% of the earnings? lol

6. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 4 years ago