Death Arrangements

1. edmob1 profile image61
    edmob1posted 4 years ago

I recently lost my eldest brother and mentor.It was decided he would be cremated and his ashes scattered.[I should say beware where you scatter ashes they are toxic.]Anyway it fell to me to arrange the music for the cremation.
    I new his first love was jazz and as he aged classical/opera, so I went wirh E lucavan estella by Puccinni the Domingo version to enter and settle guest down. My sister had wanted a hynm following the psalm which was the "Day Thuo Gavest". The exit music we wanted to be fairly cheerful so I went with Count Bassie "Basin Street Blues".
    What would you like at your last gathering and do you think your family and friends would get it right?

2. Danette Watt profile image87
    Danette Wattposted 4 years ago

My sympathies for your loss.

I've told my family for years that I want Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" played at my wake. I think they'll do it. I also have several hymns I want played and I want to be cremated. Other than the Pink Floyd requirement, I don't think my family knows the specifics of my other songs (although all of us want to be cremated, so that's pretty much a given). I need to write them down. I want On Eagles Wings and Let there be peace on earth (and let it begin with me). I hate organ music so I'd prefer piano or maybe even guitar/flute/piano.

My husband and I were both military when we married, which was a rush deal. I  didn't even arrange our wedding, my husband did (I flew in to town 2 days before the service). Anyway, I always joke that since I couldn't plan my wedding, I was going to plan my funeral.

3. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image85
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 4 years ago

When you're dead you're dead. I mean, you really are really dead.

I'd worry more about what happens after you're dead. You know, besides your ashes being scattered or people coming to the funeral home to gaze upon your body all juiced up with embalming fluid.

An atheist won't get to hear Count Basie or Pink Floyd at his/her funeral.

Now me, I am so looking forward to hearing the "Song of Moses" by Moses and "The Hawaiian Wedding Song" by Benny Hinn at my funeral.