jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

So everyone says never ever click on your own ads -

1. buckleupdorothy profile image94
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

But what if they're actually useful/something you kind of need to know about? I guess googleads is just that good, but I was looking at one of my hubs with a friend and we followed one of the links (expat taxes - always confusing, finally getting the hang of it!). Am I now in trouble?

2. Journey * profile image86
    Journey *posted 5 years ago

Were you using your computer or your friends computer? If you were using the same IP address that you typically use when working on HubPages, then that's not good and can get you "in trouble" smile and as a matter of integrity it shouldn't be done with another computer either. There is nothing you can do about it now. I would say don't worry about it. It was just once but be sure not to do it again.
    Take care buckleupdorothy and good luck to you.

buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Friends' computer but on the home wireless network, so I think (?) that makes it the same IP address.

Thanks for the well wishes!

3. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

Google will discount one or two clicks if it works out you made them. Do it often and you will lose your adsense account.

4. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 5 years ago

In the future, you can right click the ad on your page and follow the options that are given to you.  This is also how you can block a certain advertiser from appearing on any of your articles with adsense.  If this is a truly one time deal...most likely sending an email with the specific date, and time, page, to Google account will allot you a "pass"

How do you do that?

1. profile image0
        jenuboukaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Which part?

Sorry - I meant how would you go about contacting google? It's mammoth!

1. profile image0
            jenuboukaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

oh man tell me about it.  It is a real "search and rescue" task for sure.  You are going to need to get in there, and find the place or link where you can place a ticket order or response. 
            Another way is to post in the forum thread and a top contributor will or should contact someone to help you.  I would try the first one, lately the forums there have been non responsive.
            If you have not seen any change in you site, or adsense is still active then just let it be...They are not total robots or assholes there and understand "a one time" mess up. ON THE NORM....
            I think you can log into your adsense account and use that as a base for some kind of contact to reach someone.....

5. profile image0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 5 years ago

I tend to avoid clicking on the ads that I know I've placed (and that is not just Google but Chitika as well since I use both on other sites). But nothing stops me from clicking on other ads on other sites that I know I have not placed myself.

6. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Why don't you just read What Google Has to Say on the Topic?

Excellent - thanks!

working