jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Should I delete my hubs that aren't doing so well?

1. Sadie14 profile image88
    Sadie14posted 4 years ago

I've been here for two months and have only 4 hubs that have passed the 100 view mark. Should I be deleting the ones that only have 20-30 views so far?

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Some hubs (most in fact) can take six months or longer to hit a target audience. I've got one hub that only recently started getting search engine traffic and its been up for 18 months!

2. Jason Marovich profile image87
      Jason Marovichposted 4 years ago in reply to this

15 of my 25 hubs have less than 100 views after six months.  No, I wouldn't delete  any of your hubs.  If you think they can be improved, perhaps look at doing that.

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago

No not if you wish you scores to improve.

3. incomeguru profile image83
    incomeguruposted 4 years ago

I'll not advise you to delete them since they are just two months old. It could take up to 12 months before some hubs could be picked by other search engines like bing, aol, and yahoo. The best you can do is to keep updating them with relevant keywords.

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Wouldn't be the wisest thing to do Sadie.  It does take time to get traffic..I am sure that your hubs would do well.. I randomly took a look at two of your hubs and they were  short, try adding more content.. may help.. smile  Hang on there.. and your will get you more traffic as they age.

Sadie14posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your advice sofs I plan on going back and editing many of them.

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

What are your criteria for "doing well?" What are you trying to accomplish by writing Hubs?

HubPages admin once reported that from reviewing the overall site stats they determined that it can take up to three years for a Hub to fully mature in terms of audience reach.

Have you thought about reading the Hub you yourself wrote on making successful Hubs?

Sadie14posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was just wondering if there was a reason that they weren't getting as many views as some of my other ones. After reading everyone's advice I will go through and add more and edit some of my hubs.

6. Hypersapien profile image36
    Hypersapienposted 4 years ago

I haven't been here as long as most (and have been active for even less time), but I tend to view deleting hubs as the equivalent of yanking your book off the shelves of Barnes & Noble because it isn't selling as well as you liked.  It's already out there; give the public time to find it.