Trying to Understand Traffic Stats

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

When I am looking at one of my hubs, and click on statistics, I can see that I am getting views from and also views from
    Where are these views coming from?

1. If my hub is set up automatically as a related link on someone's hub, will that show up as hubpages or the individual hubbers name?

2. If someone added a link on their hub to my hub, will it show up as their name whether or not they added their referral code?

3. If that person shares my link to one of their social networks using their referral link, will that then show up as Facebook, etc. or will it show up as

4.  How about it they share it with their network without the referral link?

5.  If my hub is listed in the HubPages newsletter (hey, I can dream), will that show up as the email address or as HubPages traffic source?

6.  If it looks like an email that was the traffic source ( does that mean someone mailed the link without a referral link?

Thanks for your help.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago

To the best of my knowledge....

1) links from subdomains will show up as coming from subdomains
      2) yes
      3) links from outside sites will show up to you as coming from the outside site, that is if it can be determined
      4) see answer #3
      5) HubPages
      6) the referral component of the link is invisible to you.  You will only see the source, which in this case was an emailed link.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

Thank you relache, I think I understand now.  The traffic source is the traffic source, and has nothing to do with the referrals.  I think this means all my HubPages traffic source views come from the home page or the list of hubs.  I've seen several traffic sources being subdomains of people who have commented on my hub. I guess this means they came from their own subdomain because they saw my hub as a related link to one of theirs.