When I am looking at one of my hubs, and click on statistics, I can see that I am getting views from hubpages.com and also views from someone.hubpages.com.
Where are these views coming from?
1. If my hub is set up automatically as a related link on someone's hub, will that show up as hubpages or the individual hubbers name?
2. If someone added a link on their hub to my hub, will it show up as their name whether or not they added their referral code?
3. If that person shares my link to one of their social networks using their referral link, will that then show up as Facebook, etc. or will it show up as someone.hubpages.com?
4. How about it they share it with their network without the referral link?
5. If my hub is listed in the HubPages newsletter (hey, I can dream), will that show up as the email address or as HubPages traffic source?
6. If it looks like an email that was the traffic source (mail.yahoo.com) does that mean someone mailed the link without a referral link?
Thanks for your help.
To the best of my knowledge....
1) links from subdomains will show up as coming from subdomains
3) links from outside sites will show up to you as coming from the outside site, that is if it can be determined
4) see answer #3
6) the referral component of the link is invisible to you. You will only see the source, which in this case was an emailed link.
Thank you relache, I think I understand now. The traffic source is the traffic source, and has nothing to do with the referrals. I think this means all my HubPages traffic source views come from the home page or the list of hubs. I've seen several traffic sources being subdomains of people who have commented on my hub. I guess this means they came from their own subdomain because they saw my hub as a related link to one of theirs.
by Pandoras Box5 years ago
Trying to see if I understand this correctly. The trackers only work from outside of HP, correct? So if I have a new affiliate tracker on my profile page or in a hub, it's worthless to me, right? And if I link from one...
by Barbara Kay Badder3 years ago
Yesterday someone shared one of my hubs on Facebook. It got 210 views. Let's try sharing some of the stuff of others that Facebook people tend to love and see what happens. You can use the referral link to earn some...
by Barbara Kay Badder2 years ago
My suggestion is to use referral links to the pages of other writers and share this with friends on social media that would like them or share with Yahoo groups that like the subject. This will help Hubpages, the other...
by Dorsi Diaz7 years ago
I've had a few people sign up under my trackers when I send out emails of my hubs, but I was wondering what some of the rest of you have done as far as setting up a more unique way to have friends and family sign up...
by free4india6 years ago
# The Traffic Referrals is guaranteed to be yours for 120 minutes.If someone clicks on your link to a specific Hub, you are entitled to the traffic referral impressions for 120 minutes. We set this limit because there...
by NurseFlood2 weeks ago
I have seen referrals from something called Trump for America and all kinds of strange cities. What exactly is referral spam and how does it affect our page traffic?Thanks,NurseFlood
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.