jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Hub erased, I need help!

1. forall profile image58
    forallposted 4 years ago

I wrote a hub some time ago and I had to reproduce the talks of a scientist. Actually, I cited the source and the name of that person, but still Hp considered it as a content that already existed on the net. knowing that these talks are a small part of the whole hub, but still the hub can't work without this.
    I erased the hub waiting to find a solution. But I couldn't find any.
    What to do to cite these talks in my hub?

1. WriteAngled profile image90
      WriteAngledposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can paraphrase what the person said in your own words. For example:

"Dr X considers that it is very important .....  "
      "Dr X does not agree with the theory that.... "
      "Dr X is convinced that.... "

and give a link to the original source.

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Or you can also take the quoted part, or a section of it, and turn it into a photograph. Then write around the photo or a series of them.

2. forall profile image58
    forallposted 4 years ago

WriteAngled and IzzyM, thank you. I tried the methods you proposed, but none worked, always unpublished hub. So I changed everything in the hub, I put my own ideas about the studies, but I obtained the same result too, hub unpublished because the content was found somewhere else on the net. I sent feedback and I am waiting sad sad sad

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 4 years ago in reply to this

First of all, just to clarify, we never "erase" your content.  It is still available to you and can be republished once it meets our publishing standards.

In general, quoting (in moderation) is perfectly fine.  It's when duplicate content make up the majority of the content in your Hub that you run into problems.  Sometimes it takes a little while for the duplicate status to be cleared, but I just checked and it looks like your Hub should be ready for republication, so go ahead and resubmit.

1. forall profile image58
        forallposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not used with terms, sorry tongue

Yes, I am surprised, it was much quick. The problem was solved and the hub was published automatically. Big thanks to HP team and to you Maddie!