jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Factors of HubScore

1. dailygirl profile image60
    dailygirlposted 4 years ago

I read the section on the HubScore under the FAQs but I still have a question. If a HubScore is going up, does that mean that individual hub is getting some traffic? Thanks!!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It might mean that-- but you can tell if you are getting traffic by the number of views listed by your hub title on your 'account' page. You can also look at the "stats" at the top of each hub to see some of the sources of your traffic. 
      You  have only been here a couple of days, so it is very early to be expecting traffic from search engines. Hang in there and it will come.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nope!  Traffic seems to make no difference on many of my hubs as they still move up and down, apparently with no connection to visitors.  Time on page or incoming links may be considered, but this is merely a guess.  No one knows how the score is tabulated completely.  It's a trade secret, supposedly! smile

1. dailygirl profile image60
        dailygirlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Haha. Thanks Randy!!

3. Hunbbel Meer profile image90
      Hunbbel Meerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Probably, the reason that the hub score is going up, is mainly because the hub is getting the much required traffic. I feel that somehow, they both are inter-dependent.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

I agree that traffic doesn't seem to be a factor. I've had titles I've created in hub templates that show up on my account, but are empty of any content, and mysteriously, their scores will start going up! There's no way anyone has viewed them, because they've never been published!

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

that is not always true Marcy. I have had unpublished hubs with as high as 11 viewers before publishing, I figure it is the legal department or something like that - just kidding smile