jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What happened when I edited my hubs - did I spam my followers?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

I went back through my hubs and added a capsule to all of them. Before I did that, I edited one, then checked my HP feed (home) page to make sure they weren't all going to show on it. My new hubs are listed on my home page when I add them. The hub I edited as a test was not listed, so I assumed it was safe to do this maintenance on all of my hubs without clogging other people's home pages.

However,now I'm getting a lot of traffic, all from within HP. I'm pretty sure that I just spammed the home pages of my followers.

If so, how do I keep this from happening again as I edit groups of hubs? Is my only option to edit only a few at a time?

I'm sure that, as my skills improve, I'll want to go back and change old hubs, rearrange text capsules to include more capsule titles, more Amazon or eBay capsules, etc. I wouldn't want my followers to be zapped again when I did that.

If you have suggestions, I would be grateful.

2. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

Editing hubs does nothing to the feed, yours or your followers. Evidence shows that editing your hubs every now and then helps your search rankings anyway, so it's actually a highly recommended practice.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Newly-published Hubs are sent to followers but not follow-up edits.

4. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Maybe it is your own page views as you edit.. the red arrows always appears when you edit, is that what you are talking about?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nope. I suddenly have increases of anywhere from 10-20 page views over my normal views. And they're all from HP, not Google.