jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

A Request on the Answers posts..

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Hi, everyone...

I'd like to request that people looking for questions to answer in the "answers" section please use some common courtesy and common sense.  Specifically, just these two things:

1) If you don't know the answer, don't bother answering with a dumb or smart-alec comment; just ignore it.

2) If you think the question is stupid or shouldn't be asked, don't bother with it.  There's no need to leave a snarky, rude comment as a reply.  Remember what our mothers taught us:  "If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all."

I did not see anywhere else particularly relevant to post this request, so I hope the word gets around.  I've been searching the questions looking, as many do, for Hub topics, and I only brought this up after having seen a LOT of these kinds of things.

Thank you, everyone.

1. mary615 profile image93
      mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with everything you said!  Some of the questions make absolutely NO sense, but I would never say that to the Hubber who asked.

2. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Since the asker will soon have the option to remove answers, I don't think this will be a problem for long.

DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh--that will be a welcome option.  I have missed being able to close a question once it's been answered.  I do wish they'd bring that back.

3. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Our species does not make your request plausible. big_smile

2. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

I have seen a lot of this too. People have better things to do with their time on HP than sift through moronic answers to questions that they want answered.

Agreed--wish there was a 'thumbs up" or "like" button for forum answers with which we agree....it would make for much shorter threads...  HP, are you listening????
      (I've seen questions to which I think the answer is, "Seriously?  You moron!"  ..but I refrain from answering those...).

3. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

And a lot of these questions don't need to be asked in the first place, so who needs the answers???  Sometimes, I just wonder if these folks with all the questions and all the answers are bucking for accolade badges because a lot of these subjects are repeated over and over again.  With this month's contest, at least some of the questions produced some Hubs.

Hmmm...a distinct possibility.  I can think of one person on my follow list who all of a sudden seems to be asking at least 5 questions a day.....perhaps that issue could be solved by leaving the Q/A section strictly as that--answers people genuinely want, and/or Hub topic ideas--no accolade rewards for asking or answering.
      I've done both asking and answering, but not for any rewards.  I try to be serious in my answers, and I try to ask only questions for which I actually want the information, or which I feel may inspire a Hub....