jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is anyone else seeing spikes in traffic from FB?

1. humagaia profile image71
    humagaiaposted 4 years ago

A couple of my hubs have suddenly seen over 100 hits from FB each. I am sure these visitor numbers will disappear as quick as they have appeared. Just wondering 'why now?'.
    Is HP promoting hubs on FB. I'm not at the moment, so the spikes are a bit of a mystery to me.

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Chaz, you are not the only one to see spikes of traffic - others are seeing the same thing from facebook although they are only seeing the traffic in HP stats.    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/94788

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

It could be related to the glitch mentioned by Leanman. Or it could just be normal surges of traffic.

I have quite a few hubs that are regularly "liked" by visitors and regularly generate Facebook views. If you're lucky, a well linked hub by a random visitor can go viral for a short time and bring a nice big surge of traffic.

3. lex123 profile image69
    lex123posted 4 years ago

Today one of my hubs had 4165 hits from FB. I know it won't last for long and will disappear as it came. Usually it is a popular and one of the most visited hubs, though revenue potential is not so attractive.

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

Looks like some sort of bot activity, not seeing my Facebook hits on Hubpages traffic match that of Google Analytics. Thats even if impressions are 60/40 me and HB.