jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I swore I wouldn't pay any attention to my Hub scores, BUT:

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 4 years ago

I have a Hub that has had 238 views: Score:  56

I have a Hub that has had 82 views:  Score: 89

I don't get it.  Anyone???

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Us mere mortals are not allowed to know how the hubscore works.big_smile

2. wheelinallover profile image82
      wheelinalloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No one will ever know how hub pages decides on article score. There are a few things we have noticed which seem to have a bearing. One is the number of views in a day. This seems to be especially important right after a hub is published. Comments which use keywords seems to be another. This we have noticed isn't constant though.

Our suggestion is don't worry about it. If you are getting generic traffic they have no idea what the number means, and those in hub pages will read an article of interest if the score is low. Two of my hubs started with very low hub scores but are now the most read from generic searches. The keywords and links have me ranked page 1 so people are finding the hubs. In the end generic readers are what matter.

2. SandyMcCollum profile image86
    SandyMcCollumposted 4 years ago

Maybe one article was voted up more than the other? Or, the opposite.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Reaffirm your swearing by repeating it 10 times.  Family members may question your sanity, but if you don't they will have even more reason as you become more and more obsessed with hub score.

The only possible value of hub scores is to raise your blood pressure.  If you don't need that, then for goodness sake ignore them!

4. forall profile image58
    forallposted 4 years ago

I also wonder how it works. But what made me confused a bit is that the number of views on my hubs is decreasing strangely. I check the 1st time to find it 15, a while later, I check again to find it 13 O_O. How does it come?