jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Need help getting an ad off my hub

1. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

I have a hub that is a recipe for pot roast. Adsense decides to shove a huge ad about "pink slime" right at the top of my hub!

This is the worst kind of sabotage, especially when I don't get any real return for writing here in the first place.

I am also not going to troll around in adsense for two hours trying to figure out how to get that ad off of there!

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see it. It is right below your pictures. It is only given the facts of the pink slime they are putting in our schools food. Actually it is a plus for you because your pot roast recipe looks scrumptious.

If you look at A. your pot roast and B. Pink slime and I am the consumer , I would use your recipe and stay away from any by-products placed in our food. Your hub is promoting healthy eating. So that ad is actually A plus for your recipe and a negative for what they are putting in our food.

By the way you were pinned 10 times and with mine it is 11. smile

2. Xenonlit profile image61

Here is the link:

<link snipped>

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't see it, but then, we all see some different ads when we look at hubs, if I'm not mistaken.  I like me a mess o' pink slime occasionally, what brand? lol

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Were you looking at articles about pink slime? I ask because many times you see ads based on what you have looked at online. For example, recently I searched about the Ahh bra and that is the ad I saw on your hub. It actually follows me everywhere.

1. Dame Scribe profile image59
      Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

getting stalked by bras lol

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I agree with UW said. If you've been searching it, you may be being served adverts based on your history (or in some cases specific state location.)

If you don't think you're making money here, turn off the adverts. I assume you're signed up for affiliates? Although I'm amazed that after 2 years and 121 hubs you have less than 10,000 views.

You may want to put some hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover forums for suggestions on getting more traffic...

5. Xenonlit profile image61

WryLit and Uninvited Writer: no, I haven't searched pink slime ever! I was shocked to see it there, especially since I've been trying to help people to understand how to get lean meats into their diets.

AEvans: Thanks for the encouraging words! I'll gladly take that point of view!

Randy: Some people prefer the "Soylent Pink" brand that is in the pickled pig feet section...ha ha!

Whoever wrote the snarky reply: I just started writing here in September or October even though I've had the account for two years.