jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

suggestion for a change in traffic statistics display

1. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 5 years ago

Traffic stat currently shows page views for a day, week and month. It provides a pattern of page views for individual hubs. Hubbers have more interest in daily page views than ever or monthly. I suggest to insert a column showing average daily page views based on weekly monthly or long term daily averages. It would give idea to individual hubber for changes on day to day basis. Best way to do this may be the daily average based on averages from total (ever) views.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6354401_f248.jpg

1. mobias profile image77
      mobiasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll second that! good suggestion. It would also be nice to see, perhaps on your profile page, the traffic graph for all your hubs together, not just by going to each one individually!

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is that not what the profile graph shows?  It certainly isn't just profile views...

1. mobias profile image77
          mobiasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

huh!...well I guess I didn't think it was anything but profile views...hmm, where can we find/confirm this info?

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I would have to disagree.  Daily stats are good for new hubs, but in general the 30 day and ever columns I find more useful overall.

I do check daily averages over a month; just divide the 30 day column by 30.  Not hard and I'm not looking for an exact figure - just a rough estimate.

1. premsingh profile image61
      premsinghposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Its not difficult to calculate averages but it won't cost extra if calculated automatically and displayed.

3. melbel profile image90
    melbelposted 5 years ago

In Google Analytics, which you can hook up to HubPages (and I STRONGLY recommend it), they have this bit called "Intelligence" which shows traffic changes.

For example, yesterday, the amount of time people from New York spent on my hubs nearly tripled.

It shows all sorts of cool things like that and you can even set your own goals, per hub even, and see where you're at for that goal.

working