jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Traffic Flow

1. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 4 years ago

Do any of you get any decent traffic flow on Hubpages anymore? It seems like all my pages are dead anymore.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

I guess it depends on what you call decent.

A year ago Panda hit and my traffic cut in half.  Then in august it jumped by about a factor of 5 and continued to rise through the end of the year.  Since the first of the year it has seen a slow but steady decline to the point it is back to about that in last August - a decline of about 40% from it's high.

Disappointed, yes, but I can't really complain as it is still 5X what it was a year ago.

It's all in how you look at it, I guess.  Glass half full or half empty?

1. mobias profile image78
      mobiasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agree wilderness, i would add that the time and seasons of the year affect page views, and what people are surfing and reading online as well. Obviously the couple months up to december would be the highest..but Panda does throw a monkey wrench into the game with all the guesswork we now have to do to figure out how to work with it!

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If we can, mobias, if we can.  The big G has implemented so many changes so fast that no one can keep up, and some of those changes are incomprehensible to boot.  Witness Izzy and Randy, for example.

Personally, I'm to the point that I will continue to write the best hub I can, on a variety of subjects.  If it doesn't work, I'll try something else to gain a few bucks.  I give up trying to decipher the madness of Google.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Just a quick glance at your hub tells me why you haven't even hit 10,000 views yet.

1. Your hubs are short. They should be at least 500 words - and the ones I find do best are over 900.
    2. You need more content. Add more pictures, break up text and add subtitles etc.
    3. Saturated and non-evergreen topics. Christmas Gifts 2011? Getting traffic to your websites? No wonder you're getting none...

1. visitmaniac profile image59
      visitmaniacposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am getting some and used to get a lot more. Id rather save the real good stuff for my own blog and generate the traffic there. Hub pages is more of a backlinking area instead. if that makes sense

4. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 4 years ago

I have a few hubs on gasoline that I wrote in Aug 2008 and a year later in 2009 and those still draw fairly regular views. My traffic rose in the fall, dipped in January, rose in Feb and dipped early March. However, looks like it's rising again. A couple of my hubs which had little traffic last year are drawing well as of yesterday.

I should be succinct like relache.