Are YouTube links considered promotional links or a resource?

1. j-u-i-c-e profile image99
    j-u-i-c-eposted 4 years ago

My apologies if a clear answer to this question exists somewhere in the FAQs. I wasn't able to locate it.

I asked about this a few days ago in the Answers section but didn't really get an answer. One of the replies was a policy quote, which I've already read a couple of times, and which would have been great, but it doesn't answer the question.

Here's the quote:

I have a couple of hubs that I'd like to use as 'top 5' hubs linking directly to YouTube videos. They are not my videos, I don't make any money from sharing them, and I have no interest in them beyond wanting to share what I believe to be good content with other people.

In this instance, I would consider YouTube a community resource, but I've had other hubs moderated for creating multiple links to a community resource I have no interest in to create similar lists and I'd like to avoid having that happen again.

Is there an official policy on this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

Are you actually linking the videos or embedding them with the video module? The latter is handier for your readers and probably less likely to raise eyebrows, since your readers don't even have to leave HubPages to view them.

1. j-u-i-c-e profile image99
      j-u-i-c-eposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They're embedded via the module.