jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Is it possible for a Hub to go 'viral'

1. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 5 years ago

I am a little concerned about one of my Hubs, it apparently is going 'viral', well viral for me.  I normally get between 300 and 500 visits on this one Hub per day, today all of a sudden my views jumped up to well over 2500.  When I looked at the stats it tells me these views are coming from facebook.  Should I be concerned?  Or should I just sit back and enjoy the new found notoriety?

1. Shinkicker profile image90
      Shinkickerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What a great question. Sounds like you've hit the target with that Hub. Congrats

2. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago

I would say the latter. Someone with a fair amount of FB heft must have shared it. Congratulations!

1. Sweetsusieg profile image84
      Sweetsusiegposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can't seem to find where it came from, it's been 'mellowing' for over a year now and was doing what I considered 'well'...  Now, sheesh!!  Wow...  It is a tad frightening, I'd hate to have it removed or anything.  Maybe it will just stay in the 'climbing' section.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does google analytics confirm these views?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Yes, it happened to one of mine once

4. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I hope they are real, that would be fantastic smile

However, recently some of us have experienced huge views from Facebook that weren't real - http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/94788

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wish they were, Izzy. sad

5. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 5 years ago

So I checked the forum and it appears that their may be a mistake somewhere along the lines.  My Google Analytics do not appear to have noticed or picked up on it..  Well darn.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

((((Sweetsusieg))))

Big hugs girl! Those views will come for you, I'm sure of it. I'm just sorry they didn't pan out right now.

I want to give this bot a good kick up the jacksie, getting folks hopes up like that!

Still can't figure out the point in a bot making all those views!

By the way, report it to HP, tell them the hub affected.

working