jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Why might I have broken links to hubs that are live?

1. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 5 years ago

I noticed today that I've got several broken link icons on a few different hubs. The links go to hubs of mine that are live. I went in earlier today and tested the links and they tested fine but still show as broken. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what advice do you have on what to do?

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have experienced that and what I would recommend is unlock the link, wait 24 hours and link again. HP was acting a little quirky today so the system could have had a hiccup. smile

1. Lisa HW profile image81
        Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  Two or three at least - yesterday.   The icon disappeared after I clicked into the Hub, saw nothing, did no yellow, and went back to "My Account".  Actually, one time it was very weird.  I saw the Hub (all there), clicked into it, and got what looked like a skeleton of a Hub without anything in the main text capsule.  Clicked out, Back in.  Same thing.  Then it was OK.

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lolo! It mirrored pics in my hubs and a little pop-up kept saying "Oops click edit and try again." lolo! I almost lost all of my work when it locked up and booted me out. For some odd reason it managed to save itself. Thank Goodness! lolo

2. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 5 years ago

I've had this problem a few times.
    It's no big deal really. Go into edit, find the link and try and refrase the sentence with the broken link and if that doesn't work just go into suggested links and delete the link.
    If it's a photo or a video either change the photo, video or delete them. That should clear all broken links at least it did with me.
    LOL Ghaelach

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

HP's software has been doing this on and off for months. It is usually easily fixed by going to the Broken Links button from the stats page, and pressing 'recheck'. Then it either says 'link OK' or 'link broken' with the broken link highlighted so you can go straight to it and repair/change it.

4. Don Simkovich profile image60

Thanks for the replies. I did go in and "check" the link and it tested okay. But maybe I'll go in and unlink, wait, and link again. About 10 of my hubs have it.

5. incomeguru profile image91
    incomeguruposted 5 years ago

Unlink then add the link again, and the broken link warning will disappear.

6. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

Sometimes when the page is checked, a link reports as dead, but it is down only temporarily.

If you want a real-time check, just click the buttons to retest on this page:

My Account > Hubs > Broken Links

1. Don Simkovich profile image60
      Don Simkovichposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Jason. I'll try it.

7. Don Simkovich profile image60

Jason, thanks. I went to the page and all the 7 hubs tested good. So should I see the broken link icon disappear?

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they should. Refresh the Broken Links page, and hopefully all of them will disappear.

working