jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Lack of Summaries Unpublished

1. againsttheodds profile image82
    againsttheoddsposted 5 years ago

On Answers, someone said 2000 hubs were unpublished for lack of a summary?  Should I be concerned?  My articles do fine without summaries.

1. vasmenon profile image79
      vasmenonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have published 2 hubs and on both, hubpages has marked it as without summary, and still both are published. So the problem must be something else...

2. Pearldiver profile image88
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't use summaries on all of mine, only about 30%... the rest I either use the first paragraph of the hub I've written, or I check out your hubs and use the first paragraph of yours! big_smile

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

The person was misinformed. Not having summaries is not a reason to have a hub unpublished. Likely there were other rules broken.

1. gregas profile image78
      gregasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

From what I understand, the summaries are for the good of your hub. It really isn't that hard to add one. Greg

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they supposedly help your hub. No, you're not breaking the rules by not having one.

3. genuineaid profile image62
    genuineaidposted 5 years ago

I think you should be concerned because Hubpages is extremely too strict with their rules.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And you know this after less than a day on the site? The correct answer has been given above. Not having a summary is not breaking the rules.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I hate sites that post TOS and treat them like you really have to obey them to use their site.  I mean they really should be suggestions of service or maybe guidelines of service. 

Damn rules Nazis. Anarchy Rulez!

3. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello, genuineaid. Like WryLilt said.

Why would you give an opinion like that when you haven't even been on HP a day?

Oh! Oh! Are you a troll?!!  Have I met a troll?!!

working