jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Starting Hub Problem.

1. old albion profile image69
    old albionposted 5 years ago

When trying to infil new hub details, I keep getting the followig 2 lines in red:  'for this layout, you need to select a hub'
    ' the web address you specified has already been taken, please try another one'
    What am I doing wrong I have already published 7 hubs without this problem.
    Please help!
    Graham.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess you have done two things that the system does not accept , one you are trying to take a URL that is already in use, two you have selected the format where you could use the layout of another hub and have gone on to the next button without specifying the layout of the hub that you want to use.

The remedy is simple, reload the page and start from the beginning specifying another URL.
      It seems that there is a bug that won't let you enter another hublayout and that is why you need to to work afresh. Just report the problem to Admin ... I have been meaning to do it but get caught up with so many things. Hope this helps.

old albionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply sofs. However I am using the usual url which comes up automatically. How do I change this? The hub automatically fills in as I type in the title.
        Best Wishes.

1. sofs profile image88

What I meant was this - for example if you type in  'Health benefits of ginger' and you find that this URL  is already taken try typing  'Ginger the natural remedy for cold' or 'Ginger the herb with great health benefits' or some such thing that incorporates your keywords..this would give you an unique URL.  I hope I am making myself clear.. Please let me know if this helps...

Got it sofs. Thats perfectly clear now. Thank you so much for your effort.
            Graham.

1. sofs profile image88

Glad to help. smile

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

I'm sorry that I can't help you on this ... but last time that happened to me, I got the message "You must Not call a hub Google.com!"  big_smile

Thanks Pearldiver. I can understand why in your case.LOL,

working