jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Problem with broken links

1. Dolores Monet profile image92
    Dolores Monetposted 5 years ago

I have what appears to be way too many broken links - the links are to my own hubs. Testing the links, I see that the little link thingy on the accounts page seems to be off, as those hubs are still there. Anyone else have this problem?
    I clicked the button for a retest.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have only encountered that problem once, so I am not sure.  It was suggested that I use the Broken Link tool, and that did resolve the problem.

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

I saw that the other day on a hub that was still published. I clicked the link in my hub. Then signed out and back in again. When I came back, the broken link icon was gone.

3. Dolores Monet profile image92
    Dolores Monetposted 4 years ago

Hmmm, I have retested all yet still get more warnings for broken links to my own still published hubs.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Report this in that section.. I did see someone other hubber reporting this problem.. I had it for a while but it quickly disappeared.. This looks like a bug that needs fixing..
      Take a look at this thread.. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/94674

2. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can try retesting the links on this page:
      http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/broken-links

1. TamCor profile image79
        TamCorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Jason--I just used that to check on the 11 supposedly broken links that are showing up...all are good links.

Why do they keep showing up as broken?

1. Jason Menayan profile image61

It's because, for whatever reason, when our broken link checker (which runs 1-2 times per day) checked those links, they were broken. If the links are fine now, then it means that the supposed broken link was only broken temporarily.

Thank you Jason.

These have been showing up broken for days now, though, and I still have them showing up that way. I checked them again, and they are still fine.

How about you, Delores?  Have yours cleared up yet?

1. Jason Menayan profile image61

Hmmm...well, I've reported this a while back because many people have noticed this. Hopefully engineering will have a look to see if they can replicate the problem.

1. quester.ltd profile image61
                quester.ltdposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am also getting broken link notices - but can find no broken link -

4. Dolores Monet profile image92
    Dolores Monetposted 4 years ago

Me too. I was checking the links like crazy but most of them were to my own hubs. No 404 or anything just the warning. All links were fine but one.

All the "broken" links I have are other hubs of mine, too.  Most are part of a pet shop series I wrote, and the majority are links to just one particular hub.

I've had these hubs up for a long time, and have never had any problems like this before!

working