jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Terrible lag

1. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

When I was trying to use the hubtool to make my first hub on my new profile, I tried to edit a couple of text capsules only to find that once I tried to save them, the screen was covered by a translucent white film.

I could see the black fonts behind it.

I waited for several minutes and nothing happened.

This has happened before but rarely for this long.

I use a dial-up for this kind of stuff as I save my data for downloads.

Does anyone else get this problem?

2. Roger Rager profile image60
    Roger Ragerposted 7 years ago

Dial up is as dead as Mrs Rager's libido. For high performance sites like Hub Pages, you need to give it the real juice, and even then you might occasionally get bit by the lag dawg.

3. ANDR01D profile image97
    ANDR01Dposted 7 years ago

The only thing is that dial-up is extremely expensive where I am, you know, in the southern hemisphere.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

HubPages should work fine on dialup.

If you're seeing something strange on the site - stuck "working", etc., the best first course of action is to just hold down SHIFT and click the reload button on your browser -- that will refresh all the files from that page that are in your browser's cache.  If that doesn't fix it, the next thing to try is shutting down your browser -- sometimes browsers work themselves into a strange state, especially if they've been open for a long time.

If that doesn't do it, then there may well be a bug in the site, it's been known to happen smile.    If you email us a bug report, please include the exact series of actions that led up to a problem.  If the issue is with a particular hub, give us a link to that hub.  We'll do our best to try and track down what went wrong.

5. ANDR01D profile image97
    ANDR01Dposted 7 years ago

I seem to have overcome the problem for now. My new profile was using the old version 2 text editor on default, and it was freezing like that, but when I changed it to the new one, version 3, it works properly.