jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Question about Pinterest

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image88
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago

I just joined Pinterest. With Twitter, people who follow you get your tweet in their newsfeed. I follow some people on Pinterest but do not see how that helps me to see their pins. Also when I get an email from Pinterest that someone is following me, does that mean that they follow one of my boards or all. When I follow one board of someone that has 50 boards, does it tell them that or that I am just following one.

Again how does following affect what someone sees. So far people who re-pin my pins are not followers of me. Also is there a way for me to search for pins or boards on health.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

On Pinterest, up at the top, you will see the link Pnners you follow...you click that and see all of the pins of those you follow.  Everyone has that option, so people view yours that follow you the same way.

The email should tell you whether the member followed you or one of your boards, as mine do.

All pins can be viewed by any member, hence your pins being repinned by folks that do not follow you. They all show in a main feed as they are pinned or you can pick that option up at the top to see all...."Everything".

I just put Board Of Health into the search and got a lot of returns..try the search up there in the upper right.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

What Dale said.

Followers will see your direct pinning feed in their private feed. However there are also public feeds of all the images that are pinned - people can see the entire feed (which obviously changes very fast with so many new pins) or see images pinned by topic.

I would add that I do like that site. smile  I was hesitant at first, but it is sort of cool and I do get traffic from it as well. smile

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm seeing awesome traffic from it, a little bit of time spent on your images and you can get hundreds of pins!

Sort of like a domino effect, WryLilt!  I realize folks can change the text on the image, but the link behind the image remains.  I ran around there earlier checking that out to make sure on some of those of mine that had been repinned.   I need to do a lot more work there to generate more followers for sure.  I need to go a visiting. smile

1. WryLilt profile image86
            WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You may find this thread helpful: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/94913

smile

I had read most of it, went back and caught up and finally commented. smile

3. Chuck Bluestein profile image88
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 years ago

Thanks! Now I understand it better.

1. 0
      kelleywardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

thanks for asking this question. I understand it better now also!

working