What are the best things we can do to improve our Hub Score?

1. explorations profile image79
    explorationsposted 4 years ago

Can anyone share suggestions on how they improve the hubscore of a Hub
    1)Prior to publishing
    2)Post publishing

Of coarse Quality content is a given. What I am looking for is.
    a) Adding suggested links?
    b) images vs. Video
    c) number of tags

Your guidance would be wonderful...tks in advance.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is a ratio of words to tags staff likes to see, but I don't recall what it is.

I think it is probably unwise to ever have more than fifteen tags.  If you can think of more than fifteen tags for a given hub - then you've probably made a hub too long and extensive for one hub.

If I do decide to just try to publish a hub with a starting score of over seventy or all the way up to eighty, then that is very possible - it is just a matter of adding content over the course of a few days time.

What you'll also notice is that if you start a hub on a subject that already has been covered several times on Hubpages, it'll start off lower, but I never worry about that because I'm sure to wind up with absolutely unique content anyway.

I always use images.  I don't always use videos - but if you are making a 1500 - 3000 word hubpage, then there is no reason to not use both...unless you just can't find suitable/relative images and vids.

I also like to show people where I get my facts from - so If I find a really good off site or on site link, I use the link capsule.  I prefer the link capsule because by titling the capsule with my related keywords I am able to add a few more bold black text and large font keywords in the mix, and the hubs I've done that on all do really well, so I know it is a good idea.

2. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Great answer there..
    Yes, for a hub of 700 words you could have up to 15 tags, you could have more for longer hubs.. Tags are mainly meant for internal linking... the hubs that you see as related hubs.. are all because of the tags..
    You could have your URL sitting unpublished and letting the score rise slowly or have your hub published ASAP and have it age and get organic traffic faster..
    Hub score don't mean much unless they get below 40 when they become no follow..
    Don't really worry about hubscores or author scores.