jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Received an email saying a hub I published contained duplicate content

1. emartin74 profile image81
    emartin74posted 4 years ago

How do I find out where this duplicate content is published?

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Highlight a block of text from the hub, and if you are using chrome, simply right click and choose "search on Google".

If you are using another browser, copy/paste the text into Google search, and see what comes up.

If nothing (apart from your own hub), grab another block of text and repeat the process until you find it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As Relache says, if you've published the same content on your blog and on a Hub, it will be flagged as duplicate content.  It's duplicate, even if you own it!

If you deleted something from your blog and moved it to HubPages, it will take time for the original to disappear from Google's search engine - so that may be the problem.

3. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

An alternative to locate where your material may be showing up is to use a plagiarism checker.  I have found that Google sometimes will miss and the checkers will find it.  The one I use is free and works well.  Either using the url or the copy/paste of the whole article.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I think your strategy of moving content between your Hubs and your blog (which you pointedly mention on one of your two Hubs) has blown up in your face.

3. emartin74 profile image81
    emartin74posted 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions - I did use copyscape to check it and found I'd already published the blog post on Yahoo's Shine blog... completely forgot about that! LOL.