Relating Questions to Subdomain Content

1. skear profile image92
    skearposted 4 years ago

How important is it for the questions we ask in the Q&A section to relate to the content of our subdomains? 

Since almost all of the hubs I write relate to technology do you think there is any  SEO benefit to keeping my questions in the same subject area?

My concern is that asking questions that have zero relation to my hubs might affect how Google perceives my subdomain.

Now that we have the ability to move our questions to our subdomains I'm curious if anyone has any insight on this subject.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is a very good question.

Conventional wisdom says that if you want your blog or website to be financially successful, you must focus on a single topic. The reason is that today,Google wants "authority sites" - so if you want to feature high in the search engine rankings, you'd better look like an expert in your field, not someone who dabbles all over the place!

So there is an argument that the same should apply to sub-domains, since they're basically stand-alone blogs (they're set up exactly like Blogger blogs on Blogspot).  However, HubPages has one unusual element, which is that our blogs are all interlinked within the network, instead of being completely isolated.  So if you write a Hub about blue widgets, it gets interlinked to all the other Hubs by other members, so it's still part of a large body of work on the subject, even if you have only one Hub on your sub-domain.

There are Hubbers who are doing very well writing about miscellaneous subjects, possibly because of the interlinking, and bearing that in mind, I don't think mixing your topics would do you much harm.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Of course, in real life, we are more likely to have real questions to which we want real answers about areas and topics we do not personally cover in the hubs we write!