jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

ebay or amazon?

1. avan989 profile image81
    avan989posted 4 years ago

Which is the better affiliated program. I used ebay and that is where the bulk of my money is currently being made. Although they are all paid per click, it do get quite a bit of click.

As for amazon, I get a couple of view but no buy. Which is really better in the long run?

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Use both.

Personally I prefer Amazon, because they accepted me into their program without having my own website, and I have had quite a bit of success with them.

Ebay never accepted nor rejected me when I applied to have my own account with them, after getting my own sites up and running.

Meanwhile, I signed up to Hubads ebay account which brings me a few cents now and then, but nowhere as good as Amazon.

Still, sign up to both if you can.

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I use both and have little results on eBay. Amazon has done better for me.  I have been an Amazon Associate for quite sometime and carry some of their items on my website as well.  Also, I am an Amazon Seller, and do good with that. On eBay, I list and I buy, and I do well in that regard as well.

2. 60
    jumbobillposted 4 years ago

deffinatley ebay

3. lobobrandon profile image81
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

Just 2 sales on amazon till now but the amount I made is 10 times I made with ebay!

4. im28beyond profile image82
    im28beyondposted 4 years ago

I use both of them--amazon and ebay

5. moneytoplist profile image60
    moneytoplistposted 4 years ago

I have published my first hubs a few days ago and I have earned a few $ from the HP ads, nothing from amazon, ebay or adsense. How much do you earn from amazon/ebay/adsense comparing with HP ads? I don't mean exact amount, but some numbers like x% from amazon, x% from ebay...

6. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

EBay is a disappointment for me.  I've sold many more items on Amazon and am thinking about ditching the EBay capsules.  I don't care for the way we have to depend on HP for the sales info either. 

7. pedrn44 profile image87
    pedrn44posted 4 years ago

I am not allowed an Amazon account because I live in Illinois. I have an Ebay account and have had some sales but have yet to be paid. The sales were in Jan and Feb. How does payment for sales work with Ebay?

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is a $50 threshold I believe, pedrn44.  When that amount is reached you will be paid the next month.  If I'm mistaken I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.

8. glockr profile image60
    glockrposted 4 years ago

Both are good. For whatever reason, eBay seems to do really well for me on my own sites but not at all on hosted content sites (HubPages, Squidoo, etc). Amazon is just the opposite - good on hosted sites, very poorly on my own sites.

@pedrn44... not sure how eBay works on HubPages but on your own sites, you get paid per click. A higher percentage of clicks that result in bids or sales raises the amount you get per click. They used to pay a percentage of each purchase but that changed a couple years ago. I've been making more since they went to pay per click so I'm happy with the change:)

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How strange, I have the same experience!

eBay should be better in theory, because they have a 30-day cookie, whereas with Amazon, if someone doesn't buy straight away, you don't get paid.

2. pedrn44 profile image87
      pedrn44posted 4 years ago in reply to this

When I go to my Ebay earnings on HP it shows the sales and says you get 60% of the revenue. There is a waiting period for returns, etc.. They weren't interested in my own website . Now that was before we got our Ebay accounts through HP so perhaps I should submit my site again.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's very difficult to get approved for eBay these days.  You need to have an excellent site and a clear business plan for making good sales through eBay (which you need to present in your application).

9. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

It really depends on your hub subjects.I do better with Amazon myself.