jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Fellow shoe lovers:

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Do you ever "bling" your shoes? I love adding stones, beads, rhinestones, etc. to mine! I just did the pair in the pic last night. Do I need to write a hub about my obsession?? lol

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Definitely. Not only will it inspire people who are "arts and crafty" but these are hard times. You can teach people to "make do and mend, with bling!"

Seriously, I've never even considered this, but when I think of all the old shoes I have in my wardrobe that I don't wear- it makes sense to give them facelift (so to speak) smile

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've been searching for a pair of beaded/jeweled sandals to match a new handbag, and the cheapest I could find were $100. I cleaned out my closet yesterday and found this old pair of brown leather sandals. I cleaned them up and added some turquoise stones and wooden beads, and now I love them!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
          Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can just about make them out on the photograph, but from what I can see they look good. And, you've saved a 100 dollars.

1. habee profile image91
            habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm working on a "design your own shoe" hub now, and I'll have some better and some more pics with the hub.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I had a pair of platform shoes that I painted silver in the 1970s smile Haven't done anything lately.

3. Thrifty Lady profile image89
    Thrifty Ladyposted 5 years ago

Absolutely bling out your shoes!  I love that you are all talking about updating your shoes yourself to save money.  I have done that several times with sandals and flip flops  For an upcoming wedding, I need to have flat, silver sandals that are not flip flops.  The cheapest pair I can find are $40, which while that isn't super expensive, I doubt I'll ever wear them again.  I plan to modify sandals that I already have.

working