jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Can anyone solve this riddle for me? Need it ASAP

1. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Come lets PLAY, but leave out the question. Pour some tea into this concoction. A rhyme for 'dorm' is next my friend. Take a quarter from ten to find the end.

lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure if this is right but I took it this way:

I considered the part as Come - lets play? So the question is (lets play) - I was left with come.

Now adding the T to the concoction it becomes COMET. If at all that part is right what about the rest of it? sad

2. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago

Remove the "Why?" from PLAY to get "pla," add a "t" and "form."

Three quarters of 10 is 7.5.

A quick Google search seems to confirm that someone is trying to point you to Platform75.com, which is a "content distribution" service, whatever that means.

Congratulations! It looks like you got spammed! Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!

No its a college online treasure hunt type of thing and not a spam website - its called a treasure hunt. Its not platform75, the platform part is right cool smile

It's part of the college fest. It got over at midnight yesterday though this was the second last question where I got stuck smile None of the questions were ads and they were made by the college

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

10 minus a quarter is 9.75.  The platform where Harry Potter caught the train to Hogwarts.

Oh cool thanks so much Wilderness. Too bad the competition is over. We were allowed to ask friends for help etc. but it was fun smile

Did the platform have any specific name? I can't recall it having one. Because the answer would be that name or the name of the station smile

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Platform 9 and three quarters at Kings Cross Station, London. 

You ran full tilt at a large brick (stone?) column and magically right through it to platform 9 and three quarters.  Presumably the column was the divider between platform 9 and 10, but we never really knew.

Yup it was the divider between 9 and 10 Kings cross station may be the answer will find out once the answers are disclosed smile

2. Eric Newland profile image60
            Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I stand corrected. I was three-quarters correct, though. Only missed the part about the three-quarters.

Haha thanks though smile I was completely wrong - Didn't notice the Y in Play the Y was the question big_smile

At least I managed to solve 22 out of 25 wink Who knows what the 24th and 25th were though

2. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Like Lobo, I completely missed the "why".  Good job. smile

working