jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Is anyone else not getting notifications in a timely manner?

1. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 4 years ago

For the last couple of days, notifications of new comments on my hubs or the hubs/Questions I'm following aren't appearing in the "Notifications" drop down OR in my email until as much as 8 hours after they occur.

This delay means I'm going to hubs or Q&As to read a "new" comment/answer, only to find it's one I myself left OR one I'd already read hours earlier.

Great way to up traffic stats, HP, but extremely irritating as a unnecessary time-waster.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1. luckykarma profile image60
      luckykarmaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My questions are not being published at all??? So what is the problem?

JamaGeneeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

luckykarma, I just checked and your question "Why do we need Mayors in Council?" was published 2 hours after you made your comment here. 

How many others have you asked?

2. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Jama, the notification thing has been happening for a while now. It's really frustrating. I am wondering if it's HP or a delay in the email because the same thing happens with some mail from my Gmail account especially alerts from Google+.

JamaGeneeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, I don't think the hold up is at Gmail. It's also happening in the Notifications drop-down right here on HP.  For instance, I'll have already approved a comment before it even shows up in Notifications that the comment needs to be approved. Or I'll comment on someone's brand-new hub before notice of the new hub appears in Notifications.   Very weird.

2. AliciaC profile image96
    AliciaCposted 4 years ago

I’m getting email about comments on my hubs immediately, and email about any new fan mail seems to come immediately too, but an email about a new follower doesn’t arrive until seven hours after I see the notice in my feed. The Notifications drop down menu is very inaccurate for me, I’m afraid. It tells me that I have a new comment on a hub only when I’ve gone to the hub to respond to the comment, and it misses answers to my questions.

3. JKenny profile image95
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

I'm actually getting notifications almost instantaneously, but there is a delay of several hours before I get the email. Seems strange, I've only noticed it over the last few days.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

I have the same problem, my notifications are anything up to 20 hours later (usually from forum threads). Comments on my hubs are a few minutes in general though.

5. Eric Newland profile image59
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

I use the iPhone app and get a lot of crazy stuff. There have been times when I've gotten a push saying that I have a new comment to moderate. I approve and respond to it. Several hours later I receive a push that one of the hubs I'm following has a new comment. Yep, it's the same comment.

Then I'll get a push that I have new fanmail. Then an e-mail that I have new fanmail. Then my daily notifications e-mail will tell me that person is now following me. Then I'll get an e-mail saying they're following me.

6. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

Yep same here.

Normally I get a load of comment and fanmail stuff and then all of a sudden it's like, yeah, where did my email go?  So I have to go and check to see how many Hub of the Days I got for winning prizes for writing and shit.

Anyway, I did check today and it seems I didn't get any for several weeks. Maybe at all.

So it could be working.  Who knows?