jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Uplaoding photos

1. EstherH profile image60
    EstherHposted 4 years ago

HI, just wondering if anyone can help me - I am trying to upload  photo onto my hub but it doesnt seem to be woeking - any tips?

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

On HubPages, as well as other sites, I have ran into this problem. What has worked for me on many of those occasions was to simply clear my browser cache, the reload the page and try to upload the photo(s) again.

2. luckykarma profile image59
      luckykarmaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Esther where are you getting the photo from in the first place is it My Pictures?

2. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago

I am having photo uploading problems right now in the construction of a new hub. A photo I have uploaded simply will not display for some reason so I came here to see if anyone else is having trouble.

1. snakeslane profile image82
      snakeslaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm having a photo uploading problem too. In fact there are photos and images missing from the feed on the home page when I scroll through it. I thought it was just me experiencing this, but hoping it's a Hub Pages bug. Looks like it is. I assume it's related to the changeover to the new layout?

2. 0
      summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same here, many of my pictures are not loading and those that are are taking a very long time.

3. TheMagician profile image90
    TheMagicianposted 4 years ago

I've had this issue a few times, along with adding capsules when they simply wouldn't show up. I just walk away for a bit and try again later, works fine. I'd imagine if you tried to empty your browser cache or just used a different one it'd work fine... I'm just lazy, haha.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  In fact, as I look down my home page, I see several photos are missing.

5. Steve Lensman profile image84
    Steve Lensmanposted 4 years ago

I see I'm not the only one having problems uploading photos.

I've uploaded hundreds of photos before on Hubpages without a problem but yesterday it took many tries to upload a bunch of images and when I finally published the hub I noticed white boxes where some pictures should be and links for other pictures, some would show up others would randomly disappear. I have refreshed my cache many times.

I've tried re-upping some pictures now 12 hours later, but same problem.

6. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 4 years ago

I read a Hub yesterday that had was supposed to have a video made by the Hubber at the very top.  There was nothing there.  I informed the author.  The next day it was there.  I thought it might be my computer.  I have noticed an increase in "white boxes" lately.  I have not had any problem loading photos.

7. quickbooker profile image78
    quickbookerposted 4 years ago

You can check your picture extension. Hubpages accept only GIF, PNG and JPEG images.

8. Steve Lensman profile image84
    Steve Lensmanposted 4 years ago

I've looked at some pictorial hubs on the feedpage and I see white boxes where pictures should be, something is wrong. Luckily our other hubs are unaffected.

9. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

It's happened to me quite often all I do is  go to Photos - http://hubpages.com/my/photos/gallery and upload them there then onto my hub from the pics already in my account - it's solved various problems including:
    Multiple images
    Failure to load even after it was supposed to be successful and also
    Complete failure to load

10. RSamuel92 profile image65
    RSamuel92posted 4 years ago

I'm currently having issues uploading photos. Strange thing is that only certain photos are being allowed, not to mention, photos I've imported from similar sites before on previous hubs, aren't being allowed to view. Also increase in white boxes too!

11. ziyena profile image84
    ziyenaposted 4 years ago

There is definitely some sort of bug issue going on ... having the same problem as everyone else ... just waiting for HUBPAGES to verify what the heck is going on ...!

12. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 4 years ago

I'm getting "white boxes" now like I did earlier in the day.  If I refresh, the photo or video appears.   Just looked at a couple of mine to respond to comments, and my video was blank.  My photos just showed "white boxes" until I hit refresh, then there they were!