jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Help! My Traffic is Through the Roof but My Hub Score is the Lowest

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

I worked really hard on SEO and cleaning up my capsules and a little bit upon promotion. I removed poor performing hubs - about 10% - close to 30 hubs. Now my traffic is through the roof - higher than pre-Panda but my Hub Score is in the tank which tells me I must be missing something.

Can an expert please guide me?

I work full-time so my time is very limited but I love HubPages and I wish to be the best that I can be but I must be missing something.

I am a not a writer, I am a researcher so please be kind. I love sharing and try as I might my writing skills are nominal in comparison to many great writers here.

Any guidance would be helpful.

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What has raised my hubscore is to hubhop, answer some questions, participate in the forums, comment and rate on various hubs that catch my interest. Hope that helps. smile

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What you seem to be missing is the realization that HubScore is an artificially-created metric and that feeling like it's "in the tank" is just a perception you've invented for yourself.  If your traffic is "through the roof" by your own standards, make sure your Hubs have retail capsules to capitalize on that and stop worrying about scores.

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

If your traffic is through the roof, then why worry too much about your hubscore so much?  Nothing wrong with 85.  Just keep doing what you are doing - look at your individual hubs and see where you can improve and add to them

3. Sinea Pies profile image85
    Sinea Piesposted 4 years ago

Actually, as you describe what you did to improve your traffic, I am inspired. My traffic took a huge downturn this month. It's down by about 2/3 of what it was in February. That is scary to me. Then my hub score started to waiver too. 

I agree with Relache, that traffic beats HubScore any day--thought we care about both-- and I think you are onto something in how to improve matters. I'm going to do what you have done and see what happens.  Thanks!

4. GmaGoldie profile image87

Thank you all so much. It is the college student in me or perhaps my own vanity that looks at the Hub Score as my point of validation when in reality the dollars and cents are the earnings from the traffic.

The traffic thankfully has generated 4 times the earnings.

So I don't know if Google has made up with me or if Google noticed my extreme efforts - whatever the case I am thankful to my fellow Hubbers helping me make my humble hubs more desirable to the google search engine.

Most of all, thank you for your encouragement and focus. You are right, but of course, the score is a guide, the traffic is the real goal. I am so thrilled to have more readers and the dollars are nice congratulations.

5. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Well I'm happy for you.I too am rising today after making some changes.
    I dont know if it's coincidence or not,but bring it on! If making more money means a lower score, do you really care GmaGoldie?

6. GmaGoldie profile image87

All I care is that it stays. I just am shocked. Today I had 10 times my Google traffic in the United States alone! Wow!

1. Sinea Pies profile image85
      Sinea Piesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is SO great. As they say "I'm next!"  We ALL need to be next. smile

2. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

7. incomeguru profile image82
    incomeguruposted 4 years ago

I also noticed that as search engine or organic traffic increases, so do hubberscore come down. Well, improvement in earnings is what really matters.