jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are Paid Links Allowed?

1. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 4 years ago

A Digital Marketing Consultancy offered to pay me for placing a link to one of their clients on my website. They also asked if I had any other sites they could put a link on. Are paid links allowed in Hubs?

1. tussin profile image60
      tussinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My advice would be to keep your business to yourself and not invite scrutiny from tattle-tale hubbers. Only you will know if the links you include on your website and hubs are paid or not.   If the links are relevant and do not point to "bad" sites, there is no harm.

You should warn the clients that you do not own hubpages and that your hubs and links are subject to removal at hubpages discretion. But on your personal site you can do whatever you want.

2. ankitharrytom profile image81
      ankitharrytomposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Paid Links are against Google Webmaster guidelines. If Google catches you it can harm you sub domain a lot. I would suggest avoiding that.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've never been asked to do it, but I don't see why it's a problem, provided the link is relevant to the topic of your blog post or Hub, and can be added naturally with anchor text. 

As tussin says, if the link looks natural, how is anyone ever going to find out? 

There are some Hubbers who are paid to run entire sub-domains, in which the purpose of all the Hubs is to include links for a business.  If they haven't been penalized, I don't see why you should be for one or two links.

2. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 4 years ago

Thanks guys for the advice. Maybe I won't accept paid links, it's tempting but too risky.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

It sounds like this 'opportunity' is the second-level step of the firm that sells a backlink service to clients. I agree with those who say it's risky, and also doesn't follow Google's guidelines. It wouldn't take long for Google to find out that client is getting paid backlinks, and then start researching where they're coming from.  Why risk it?