jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Does anyone know how to install the HubPages Facebook App?

1. imatellmuva profile image81
    imatellmuvaposted 4 years ago

I found the HubPages Facebook app (on Facebook of course). I am interested in installing this app on my Facebook page, but am redirected back to HubPages; I imagine to get the code to add the widget for my own HubPages page.

The HubPages Facebook app shows that there are 7,000 users of this app. What I am having trouble with, even after reviewing Facebook Help and HubPages help, is how, or where to install this app on my Facebook page. I have successfully installed other apps (non-HubPages) to my Facebook page. I am only experiencing difficulty with the HubPages app.

If you are one of the 7,000 users of this app, can you please share how you successfully installed the HubPages app to your Facebook page?

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/faq/#facebookrecs

Scroll down to Technical Matters and look at number 3.

imatellmuvaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your help Dale, but this option allows you to associate your Facebook with HubPages. It allows you to sign into HubPages via Facebook.

What I'm looking for, and perhaps I need more clarity is an app to install on my Facebook page that adds a tab or link to my HubPages profile or Hub(s).

On Facebook, and via the search engine, if you type "HubPages", the first result is "HubPages App". When I click this result, it defaults to my Hubpages profile page, which makes sense for me as the user that's currently signed into both, but not for any other user who I am interested in seeing my content, without me having to share it in a thread, or update as a link.

Okay, I am signed into both all the time as well. I signed out of HubPages and went to Facebook and found the HubPages App (that shows followers by the way)and clicked..it took me to the sign in page for HubPages....now once there you will see the "connect with facebook" link.  It is strange that the HubPages App shows people following something that we can not access, lol.

Right! I couldn't find any language anywhere to support this app. I think I'll likely follow-up with the HubPages team.

When I receive a response from them, I'll post it here.

Sounds good! I would be interested in using such an app on Facebook as well. Thanks!

Dale, I received a reply from Simone Smith of the HubPages team, and she confirmed that the Facebook app, is for affiliating HubPages with Facebook.

Basically, hubbers can complete an affiliation either via HubPages or Facebook. This app is not for adding an app (tab/widget) to Facebook.

Okay, thanks so much!

working