jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How does one include math equations in a hub?

1. Chris de Villiers profile image81
    Chris de Villiersposted 4 years ago

Hi

I'm new to HubPages, and my interests include science, education and technology, which means that, if I am going to be writing hubs, it would be under these categories. So, I searched for 'math equations' because math equations will certainly feature in my hubs. However, my search returned very few results, of which only one discussed how to place equations in Blogger.

Am I missing something or not searching correctly? Can one in fact place a math equation in a hub without resorting to the obvious (and not-so-nice) solution of inserting it as an image?

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think u can sad

2. recommend1 profile image70
    recommend1posted 4 years ago

As far as I am aware - you are stuck with writing it elesewhere and make an image of it.  sorry and welcome to Hubpages smile

3. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 4 years ago

It's very difficult with the kind of writing software we have here. Write your formulas elsewhere and transfer them here as images. The best you can do here is something like this:

ʃ²x³ dx 
    44yʰ

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I have some equations that look downright silly too lol I know what you mean but least am sure HP is working on it big_smile

5. Chris de Villiers profile image81
    Chris de Villiersposted 4 years ago

Thanks for your comments.

I thought about the matter this morning and decided that one could compromise by placing a list of all the equations (with numbers) in a figure, instead of trying to intersperse them throughout the text. One could then merely refer to the equations by number. Of course, it still remains to produce a high-quality image. I have done some work on this in the past, when I used LaTeX to generate (nice) equations, convert them to postscript, copy them into GIMP for resizing etc., then saving them as JPG or PNG images. I'll try this on HubPages.

Hmmm... maybe there is a hub here?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Why not have an image for each equation? You can have as many as you wish and move them around where you need them in the hub.

1. Chris de Villiers profile image81
        Chris de Villiersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for pointing this out. I had a quick look at the typical hub layout options, and it seemed that there were fixed positions for images. But what you say, changes the picture (no pun). I'll play around with that when I write my first hub.

1. lobobrandon profile image81
          lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

U can add as many pics as you need. zthe starting is just a basic layout

working