jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Questions and Answers

1. Peggy W profile image92
    Peggy Wposted 4 years ago

Would there be a way to differentiate a written hub from the other answers to our questions?  Perhaps a separate column?  I would hate to overlook responding to someone who has taken the time to actually respond with a hub.  As it is set up now, I have to periodically scroll through all of the answers to find the occasional hub, and this is time consuming.

Am sure that others would appreciate this as well.  Thanks!

1. luckykarma profile image59
      luckykarmaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes Peggy I do!......it's so time consuming isn't it? At present I can't even write a hub, it is reverting back to the beginning of the page every time and everything I've written is wiped out?????

2. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmm the notifications thing lets you know when someone answers your questions as well as answers with hubs. So, it ain't difficult.

Peggy Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The notification posting is not the answer if one has loads of followers who actively write and make comments.  Each time I click on to HubPages, there may be 67 or even more notifications, many of which are just comments.  Plus even if it is a new hub, the title alone may not indicate that it was written as a response to one's question.

There has to be some easy method when looking at the Q & A section to determine if a hub has been written in response.  Even if the entire question was darkened or starred and we had to scroll through looking for the hubs, it would differentiate it from the other questions which have no hubs written as a response. 

I am afraid that I am missing some who should be acknowledged just because of timing issues.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
          couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you have to set it up in your personal settings so that you get an email for new comments to your hubs and an email for comments to your questions. If you post a new forum, you need to check or uncheck the box where it says do you want to be notified when someone comments on this forum. (or something like that) There's also the 'follow this forum thread' box to the left and below this comment window. If it's checked you'll get email every time someone adds a comment.

Look in 'edit profile' then 'email settings'.

3. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It would be a good idea to differentiate the general answers from answers via hub. I often wonder why some people who ask questions don't check out my hub written as an answer. But then again, I tend to read all the answers to my questions so I would see the hubs there.

Peggy Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cardisa,

The way it is now set up, one can go to the Q & A section after clicking on My Account and scroll through the entire section trying to see if actual hubs have been written or new answers have been written.  But it only shows a number and one cannot tell if it is just a few lines or an actual hub that has been written.  It takes time to click on each one (if one has a number of questions) to sift through and find those hubs.

There must be a way to simplify this for those of us with many questions?