jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon capsule problems

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

I live in California, and went through the Amazon on-again-off-again snafu with the ad affiliate program.

It seemed to have been settled, and we were once again allowed to have Amazon ads on our hubs.

However, I have been having a LOT of trouble lately.  To wit:

1) I always select for 'specific products' and not by keywords
    2) The preview function is not working--(at least, it was not working either today, or the last time I tried to use it--over a week ago)
    3) When the hub is finished, the Amazon capsules are invisible.  When I am logged in, there is a message displayed that reads, "no Amazon products found," and to the public, the same message is displayed!

Before all the snafu with the CA affiliates, it was working just fine, and there were no issues.  Now, it seems there are nothing but problems.

What is the source of this glitch?  Is HP having an issue, or is it originating from Amazon itself?

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am not getting the product not listed, however I have never been able to see a preview of anything I put in the Amazon Capsule.  I always have to "publish" it and see it on the hub.  Of course I am in Texas, so the first part would not apply to me, but you are not alone, outside of California, as far as not being able to view the Amazon preview.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I took a look at one of your Hubs, and I'm seeing the "no products found" message too.

How are you selecting for specific products? By ASIN or URL?

3. moneytoplist profile image60
      moneytoplistposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had the same problem. After publishing 40 hubs I found out that the problem was caused by using AdBlock (the Firefox addon used to block ads). If you use it, try to disable it for Hubpages.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Wow, I've been searching to see if a answer for that was available also smile I've been having the same problems tongue the 'auto-generate' a ISBN doesn't work and I get that 'product not found' message also. hmm

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What's the auto-generate an ISBN?  Is that on Amazon and why do you use it?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
        mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering that too Marisa. I just opt to 'Choose Specific Products', go into Amazon.com on a new page and find the products I want (usually books). I then scroll down the book's page until all the product details appear, and if it is a book I select the ISBN (begins with 978) and copy and paste it back into the product box in my Amazon capsule. Alternatively for eBooks or non-book products I use the ASIN number in exactly the same way. This works (although I have had problems with some eBooks I have to admit).

I have never heard of an 'auto generate an ISBN' option unless you are publishing a book of your own on Smashwords. Createspace or Kindle KDP, in which case they can provide you with free ISBN's, but of course this is a completely different subject to selling a third party product in an HP Amazon capsule.