jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Any update on the Amazon Program as part of the HP Earnings Program?

1. LetitiaFT profile image84
    LetitiaFTposted 4 years ago

I don't wish to sign up directly because I live in France and, if I understand correctly, would have to sign up with the French program. Only my readership is anything but French! In the meantime, I'm adding the capsules and earning money for Amazon and HP, but not for me!
    I'm therefore waiting impatiently for the HP Program rollout. Thanks!

1. Bendo13 profile image86
      Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was waiting to see this happen as well...

Wouldn't mind that percentage bump we were all supposed to get, especially since traffic took another dive earlier this month.

2. paxwill profile image81
      paxwillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually, you can sign up for any or all of the Amazon associates programs--US, UK, Canada, and France--no matter where you live.  If your readership is mostly US-based, it would be wise to sign up for the US affiliate program. 

If you have Amazon aff. accounts for different regions, you have to reach the payout threshold on each account; Amazon doesn't pool the earnings  for separate accounts.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can sign up for the Amazon US program even though you are in France, no problem. 

The Amazon US program is the only program you can use on HubPages. None of the rest work here.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

Right now there are no updates that I have heard about on the Amazon/HP earning program being amalgamated. I heard a rumour that this was because due to the California Amazon problem at the time, there was a risk it could have been seen as tax evasion, but as I don't live in the US I don't fully understand this. As things stand you can only use one Amazon Affiliate ID on HP, so if I were you I would sign up under Amazon.com (US) as an affiliate, and enter that code in your Amazon ID box here on HP.

3. LetitiaFT profile image84
    LetitiaFTposted 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll go ahead and sign up for the US program in the meantime, but sure hate to miss out on commissions for Amazon products purchased by Canadians, Russians or Fijians!

4. Danette Watt profile image88
    Danette Wattposted 4 years ago

I was wondering about that myself recently. I live in IL so can't earn from Amazon and I thought HP was supposed to help us with that (as in CA). So I'm a little confused about that.

I did write a hub recently and used Amazon capsules anyway and I'm thinking of going back to some of my older hubs and inserting Amazon as appropriate.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am waiting for confirmation that this will work in IL first.