jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Since when was Commission Junction a prohibited site?

1. Bendo13 profile image85
    Bendo13posted 4 years ago

Does all money made on this site have to run through the hands of HubPages?

I knew ClickBank wasn't allowed because people were making a lot of money outside of HubPages... and a lot of those links go to pages with opt in boxes for newsletters...

But Commission Junction?  These link people right to popular store fronts...

Welp, there goes yet another income stream... add that to the dip in traffic and things are just wonderful in the world of HubPages.

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image60
      Glamorously Jacobposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I just noticed. I think I'm going to have to go back to Wordpress.

1. Bendo13 profile image85
        Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, not really happy... my bodybuilding.com review on here was ranked so high and gave me steady CJ commissions all the time.

2. Norah Casey profile image80
      Norah Caseyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Clickbank isn't allowed because a preponderance of their links lead to giant, obnoxious lead captures that provide more harm than value to the majority of readers.

Commission Junction is allowed. One of the domains that redirects to cj.com was accidentally labeled as prohibited on Friday afternoon (unexpected redirects are prohibited). I've changed that domain's label and am in the process of republishing those Hubs that were unpublished by our bot.

If you have any other questions, we can discuss the situation further through HubPages support. I apologize for any confusion this mistake may have caused.

2. Janet21 profile image79
    Janet21posted 4 years ago

Just posted about this in another forum.  My account is showing 50 violations this morning.  I had no idea why, until now.  My traffic & earnings have already plummeted over the last year and now they ban CJ?  There is nothing left here for me now...

Is there is official HP announcement regarding CJ somewhere?

Edited:  After reading the warning again, I noticed this, "However, if you feel that your links have been incorrectly categorized (and it's not Clickbank), please contact us." So, maybe it is a mistake?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There have been mistakes before, so I'd suggest it's worth contacting the team and asking.

They have always said affiliate links to "reputable" affiliate networks were allowed, and CJ would seem to be in that category.

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

CJ affiliate links are still allowed on HubPages, but many of the domains they use for affiliate tracking have a fairly poor reputation with various third party sources, possibly due to the malfeasance of their affiliates, or issues of malware on the advertised sites (which could either be intentional or just the result of lax security):

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diag … apmebf.com

We constantly re-evaluate outbound links based both on these sort of 3rd party criteria and on how they are used on HubPages.  So, we can't guarantee that a link that is OK today will be OK tomorrow.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the clarification.  I stopped using CJ because I had lots of problems with them.  Their whole system seems clunky compared to networks like ShareASale so I'm not surprised there are other issues!

3. viryabo profile image85
    viryaboposted 4 years ago

Thanks for this Nora.
    But the skulls still appear on five of mine that i left unchanged.

4. viryabo profile image85
    viryaboposted 4 years ago

All is fine now.