jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

My Personal Challenge - 100 hubs in 100 days

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 4 years ago

Hi everyone - just wanted to pop my head in (so to speak) and introduce myself. I'm new here, yep just 2 whole weeks.  I have never written before, never even thought about writing an article however after being introduced to HubPages by a new facebook friend I thought I would give it a try.  Then I thought, well I may as well give it a really good try, so I set myself a challenge to write 100 hubs in 100 days. 

I'd love to meet new people, learn and share experiences.

I have since seen that such challenges exist here already, 30 hubs 30 days, even a 100 hubs in 30 days. WOW thats tough.  I will continue with my personal challenge and hope to shout about my successes soon.
    I am from Melb Australia. As a WAHM and an eBay trading assistant I have started writing a lot about my eBay experiences and sharing my lessons learnt along the way.  I have also started to share some personal stories too and bits and pieces based on my daily inspiration.  I have a 3.5 yr old daughter and a 5 mth old boy so getting time to write is a challenge but that is what is making this personal challenge even more exciting and will make it even more rewarding. 

So HELLO everyone (big waves) and I hope to spend more time around here sharing my wisdom where I can and participating as much as I can. I can feel I will like it here very much.

If you want to follow my journey I'd love your company.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow that's awesome and Good luck. Whatever you do make sure to write on topics that people are actually searching for - People search for everything but you'd need to find out the exact phrase and that's the first step to a successful hub.

Looking forward to your hubs and I wish you success. Concentrate on quality rather than quantity; but, if you can do them both - there's nothing better!

WorkAtHomeMumsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks - yes google keyword tool is my best friend at the moment smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome from a fellow Aussie.  I admire your enthusiasm - however if you've never written before, I'm not sure it's a good idea to leap straight in and write so many Hubs in your first three or four months.   

There is a learning curve to HubPages, like everything else.  If you write 100 Hubs before you've learned all the tricks of the trade, you've just created a whole lot of work for yourself when you have to go back and revise them later!

Having said that, you seem to have made a fairly good start.  As lobobrandon says, concentrate on quality and make sure your Hubs are a good length - 400 words is an absolute minimum, but expert Hubbers report the best results with longer Hubs, from 800 to 1,500 words long.

Hiya...completely agree with you re quality. Ive already spent time fixing old hubs..and when I say old they are only 2 weeks old.  How fast we learn. Having said that I have build and coded websites in the past, and am from a tech background so I am not a complete newbie...just in respect to article writing and there is an art to that..

2. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention the word length, Marisa put it there though smile

I make sure that all my hubs are a minimum of 1k words and I also add a table of contents to all my hubs (all my new ones have them and the older ones are being updated slowly - when I get the time).

I have just recently stumbled upon the table of contents and read a hub where it explained it all.  I have not used any yet. But where suitable I will definitely use them.

It surely helps visitors just in case what they're looking for isn't right on the top smile

And then hopefully helps reduce the bounce rate. I guess I should get onto it before I have one hundred to re-do smile

Oh you know about bounce rate and stuff big_smile Cool, I didn't want to mention it as you said you're new to writing. But, since you're into say web designing of some sort I should have figured you'd know big_smile

I have built many websites, coded for years and have self taught myself bits and pieces along the way but I still consider myself a novice. So much to learn. smile

I just began writing 6 months ago, In June of 2011 to be precise (I used to write articles and poems for school magazines from a young age though). I've learnt lots and I'm sure I have a lot to learn as well smile After all life is a constant learning curve and that's the only fact that proves we're still alive!

Too true. Good luck. I'll be following smile

working